Home  •  Forum  •  Blogs  •  E-Mail  •  Support Categories
MyBasicISP Categories Finance Travel Real Estate Games Autos Entertainment
Welcome Guest Active Topics |

7 Pages «<567
In MY Opinion Options
RBKay
#121 Posted : Monday, June 25, 2018 9:57:05 AM

Greetings to everyone

We just got back last night from a week in the Finger Lakes region visiting friends and sight seeing. Most disappointing was our favorite restaurant closed. We have NO idea why as every time we were there it was always crowded and the food was good..

The weather was cool at night and not to warm during the day. It rained a few times during the day but nothing to bother us but on the way home we had down pours that we needed to to use the 4-way flashers so we could see each other. The Lord was faithful and got us home safe.

Well we are back and need to mow, pick and freeze peas also the blueberries are coming in and they need to make it to the freezer. We are thankful that seems to be all at this time.

In the construction we had a sun tube put in and we need to take time to install a light in it for the times we have no daylight, it will take some time as one will need to be in the attic and another in the house, we need to work together to get the electric connected.

Well I guess I need to shut down and get started on the work.

We thank the Lord for His many Blessings every day.

The weak can never forgive.
Forgiveness is a trait of the strong

RBKay
#122 Posted : Tuesday, July 10, 2018 11:08:25 AM

Greetings to everyone

We got caught up on everything that needed to be done. All the construction is done.

Over all the garden has not done that well this year and I say that timing and weather was the factor.

This is the last year for the garden as it is a raised garden and the wood is rotting and the sides are falling apart and the work is getting to be to much.

When the veggies come due they have to be processed or you lose the reason for growing them. It never fails some things come due while we are away and then on returning we have a ton of work that has to be done Immediately.

The work is getting to be to much. We knew it would eventually happen and we feel now is the time to call it quits.

Especially having our GGD so much, she wants to help but has no idea what to do and winds up being in the way, we love having her but she prevents us doing some things.

Our blueberries are doing good and have quite a bit in the freezer and the rest we give away,

I hope anyone that has a garden that it did better than ours did this year. The LORD has given us many years of good gardening and we thank HIM for then.

{ Our major trip has been cancelled by the tour company they did not have enought takers. This is the second year we are not able to get back to Canada. The Lord is stopping us for some reason which we do not know. )

Looking at the US weather, it many be because we would have been in or going through many of the fire areas. ( this is my guess )

RBKay
#123 Posted : Saturday, July 28, 2018 10:50:44 AM

Greetings to everyone.

All construction and normal work is done or caught up and with the GGD at least 3 days a week we are trying to say ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

We will be having a consecration service in a few weeks for our mission trip. We will have another team there with us and that is making it harder to try to guess what we will be doing. The Lord will be with us so there is no concern.

The Sunday we have the consecration service the church is also having the church picnic. We hope is is not the condemned last meal.

The weather is wet, wet, wet and that is making it harder to keep up with the work.The garden is the worst we ever had and this is helping to make the decision for it to be the last. We will still do canning and freezing from thing we get from the farm or surplus from church people.

Our GGD and her mother and father are leaving for Niagara Falls on Monday for almost a week, hope they have a good time.

The pict below is of a doe and her 2 fawns grazing in our back yard, we get this at least twice a year.

RBKay

RBKay
#124 Posted : Tuesday, August 21, 2018 10:40:53 AM

Greetings to everyone-

We just got back on the 18th from our mission trip to Lumberton, NC and did not like it.

The weather was 95 - 100 and had some rain but the humidity was very high.

We are suppose to be a Disaster Relief entity but the home we worked on was NOT storm damage. Maybe the roof we replaced but the inside was all personal damage the door knobs were all broken on the inside of the door (latch), the walls were covered with mold and the trim was so dirty we could not put paint tape to stick and I was not there to clean her home..

These people get these home for nothing or almost nothing and can’t take ANY care of it they want someone else come and repair it for FREE.

Replacing all the door knobs we needed to open closet doors and they were so filled with clothes the doors had to be pushed hard to close. In the closets ( 6 ) there were so many clothes she could have worn a different thing everyday of the year without cleaning anything. the unused rooms were so filled with things it was unbelievable. Nothing in the home was in a decent shape.

She worked if she wanted but would rather lay on the couch sleeping or watching TV. In fact if she went to the bathroom in the bedroom she could sit on the hopper and watch a TV.

She and her glass collection was suppose ro be out of the home so we could work bur no we had to work arounf her.

This was the ultimate of welfare. Seeing this job site I could see where ghettos come from.

We won’t go on another Mission Trip that deals with this mentality of living condition. We were suppose to be working on storm damage but arrogance or ignorance is their problem.

We enjoy the work but people that can’t help themselves should not be taken care of. Being poor and STORM DAMAGE yes I am willing to do but lazy stupidly no, stop sitting on your thumb and do something.

There was no vehicle in the driveway but the mother showed up in a $30,000 car. One of the workers Googled it.

They cry about everything we even had neighbors come to us to do work for them.

The welfare system in this country is so out of wack; we encourage it. and the one segment of this country makes a living on it.

Our group was not encouraged by what we seen and I don’t know who would be willing to go back We will not.

Fortune always favors the brave, and never helps the one who does not help himself.

RBKay

RBKay
#125 Posted : Thursday, August 30, 2018 10:42:12 AM

Greetings to everyone-

This is a pic of our double team on the Mission Trip. I am gradually getting pics for some of the team members so I will post some as I convert them.

RBKay

RBKay
#126 Posted : Saturday, September 01, 2018 9:19:36 AM

Greetings to everyone-

This some of the crew on the roof.

RBKay

RBKay
#127 Posted : Monday, September 03, 2018 1:37:53 PM

Greetings to everyone-

The first bathroom we did we did not get any pics of but the last one we just finished at quitting time Fri and grabbed a few pics.

This is the second one with most everything ripped out.

A third person helped us to finish by quitting time.
It was painted, trim, flooring, door knob, the sink was to be replaced the next week by others???

RBKay

RBKay
#128 Posted : Thursday, September 20, 2018 11:58:05 AM

Greetings to everyone-

Last Fri. was grandparents day at our GGD's prek school. We were the only GGparents there and the smile was well worth it.

Thank You Lord.

RBKay

RBKay
#129 Posted : Saturday, October 06, 2018 10:54:07 AM

This is a pict of a hawk on our clothes pole, I tried to take this twice before from our summer room but as soon as it sees movement it takes off to quickly.

This picts was taken about 4 ft from a triple pane window very quickly that is why it is not that good, Some day I might be able to get a better one. ( when it is not looking )

Last night we got back from a week in the White Mountains and I have a lot better pics. I will post some as we settle back in the grind and I convert them to post.

We had a great time the weather was so-so, we had great food and entertainment and did a lot of sightseeing. The foliage was turning colors nicely.

RBKay

RBKay
#130 Posted : Monday, October 08, 2018 12:08:57 PM

Greetings to everyone.

This was our base.

This was our lodging.

RBKay

RBKay
#131 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 11:36:38 AM

Greetings to everyone.

The lodging remark in the last post I was kidding.

This was the view from our balcony to the left.

This was the view from our balcony to the right.

RBKay

RBKay
#132 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2018 10:27:27 AM

Greetings to everyone.

This is a pict of maybe 10% of the dinning room and entertainment area.

This is the train we rode going thru the White Mts.

RBKay

RBKay
#133 Posted : Saturday, October 20, 2018 10:20:35 AM

Greetings to all.

We thought we started our outside work early this Fall but with the rain we have been getting; everything is constantly wet. We thank the LORD we did not get anything like the south and southwest.} We still have some work to do but it is getting done gradually.

We are still feeding people but the number has dropped ( better economy ) at this time we feed only about 6 a week.

WE only get the GGD one day a week ( maybe ). She tells us all about PreK ( she is growing up

The LORD is good allowing us to watch her growing. ( Thank You LORD )

RBKay

RBKay
#134 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2018 11:01:42 AM

Greetings to everyone.

This year we thought we started our o.s. work early but again the weather prevented us from finishing early.

We finally got all our outside work done, the rain prevented us from doing earlier. as of the 15 of Nov we have broken the record for the wettest year on record and still have a month and a half to go.

Today and tomorrow 11/15/18 we are suppose to have rain, snow and sleet but the temps then rising some what and we hope it will change to rain snd wash it all away. We had 7" of snow. Only once before we had snow on Thanksgiving Day so this is the earliest.

We did not get as much rain as they thought and it made the snow very heavy.

We thought we could start taking down the garden this fall but the wet stopped us. The mowing we did not finish untill the end of Oct.

Even so with all the hassle we still got it done. Thank You LORD.

We have 10 people we are taking out to a buffet for Thanksgiving Dinner, again Thank You LORD.

I don’t know if I mentioned this. The area we were in for our mission trip has all flooded and the Disaster Relief outfit says all the work will have to be done again.

I am glad we do not live in Calif. it seems like Satan wants to move in on the way the fires are keeping it warm. Many years ago we thought of moving to Old Town area of San Deigo but never did but 2 years ago when we were there the place was so dirty from the illegals we said we were glad we never made the move.

We don’t like winter as there in not much to do but sit in the sunroom and watch it snow and then melt. Other than clean the driveway.

This Sat. the church is making 125 meals to deliver them to the less forunate. We have been doing this for about 5 years now.

If I am not back on there before Thanksgiving again I wish everyone now a very Happy Thanksgiving.

We just got notice the GGD pre K school is closing early but her mother is taking off and picking her up.

Weather can sure make a mess of things but I guess we will have weather whether or not.

RBKay

RBKay
#135 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2018 10:29:11 AM

Greetings to everyone and a Happy Thanksgiving again.

Last Sat. the church maded 125 meals and delivered them to the less forunate. We have been doing this for about 5 years now.

There was green beans, corn, mashed potatoes, turkey, filling and a side container of cranberry sauce.

We hope everyone enjoyed.

RBKay

RBKay
#136 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2018 10:11:47 AM

Greetings to everyone.
I hope all had a very happy Thanksgiving.

Thanksgiving was the coldest in 45 years and so far this year we broke all the records for rain fall, just rain not any major storms.

We got our travel catalog yesterday and started to go thru it to pick the trips we would like to take.

We try to get away about a month a year taking multiple trips not just one.

Wed nite we had a Thanksgiving Service at church.

We all had a great Thanksgiving Meal and we were FULL when we left. Thank You LORD.

On Black Friday we had the GGD and did not go out but generally we don't go out, the brain dead people we do not want to get involved with.

As we are about to start our Christmas shopping this year I hope all remember the reason for the season.

RBKay

RBKay
#137 Posted : Saturday, December 08, 2018 11:39:36 AM

Greetings to everyone.

Today we are starting to make and package cookies to hand out starting around the 15th for Christmas.

There are 6 kinds we will be making, we do this almost every year,

Yes we are cold but with nothing else which we are glad. No much sun so the sunroom is not heating the house.

RBKay

7 Pages «<567