MyBasicISP Categories Finance Travel Real Estate Games Autos Entertainment
Welcome Guest Active Topics |

5 Pages «<2345>
The Sabbath of the Holy Bible Options
sonny35
#61 Posted : Saturday, December 12, 2015 6:06:29 PM

Intangible wrote:
sonny35 wrote:
TODAY IS THE SABBATH DAY, A DAY HOLY UNTO THE LORD THY GOD!

Seven Facts about the Seventh Day

Fact#1: The Seventh-day Sabbath Establishes God's Sovereignty.

Fact#2: The Seventh-day Sabbath Was Made for Everyone.

Fact#3: It's Not about just Keeping any Day.

Fact#4: We Know the True Seventh Day.

Fact#5: The Sabbath is not a Memorial of Deliverance out of Egypt.

Fact#6: The Sabbath is not Meant to Memorialize the Resurrection.

Fact#7: The Sabbath will be Celebrated for Eternity.

www.sabbathtruth.com/faq...ts-about-the-seventh-day
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anyone in disagreement please do your replying on your own topic and Not this one. (trying to keep it anti-Christ smut free)

Wow, I can see why he doesn't want me to answer this post on his thread!

All I do is post quotes from the Holy Bible, and that, according to sonny35 amounts to "anti-Christ smut"!

Fact #1 cannot be found in the Holy Bible.

Fact #2 not only cannot be found in the Holy Bible, but it directly contradicts the inspired words of God!

Fact #3 this is the ONLY "fact" that is pretty much correct.... the Sabbath is the seventh day.

Fact #4 we know the day Jews celebrate the Sabbath but there is simply no way to assure it is the exact same day as the last day of creation.

Fact #5 absolute lie in direct opposition to the Holy Bible.

Fact #6 I don't even know where he dug that one up!

Fact #7 There is nothing that states this with clarity.... he uses a sentence from Isaiah which talks about periods of time such as from week to week and month to month.

The Holy Bible as opposed to "Fact #2" and "Fact #5."

Exodus 31:12 Then the Lord said to Moses, 13 “Say to the Israelites, ‘You must observe my Sabbaths. This will be a sign between me and you for the generations to come, so you may know that I am the Lord, who makes you holy.

14 “‘Observe the Sabbath, because it is holy to you. Anyone who desecrates it is to be put to death; those who do any work on that day must be cut off from their people. 15 For six days work is to be done, but the seventh day is a day of sabbath rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day is to be put to death. 16 The Israelites are to observe the Sabbath, celebrating it for the generations to come as a lasting covenant. 17 It will be a sign between me and the Israelites forever, for in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, and on the seventh day he rested and was refreshed.’”

Deuteronomy 5:12 “Observe the Sabbath day by keeping it holy, as the Lord your God has commanded you. 13 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 14 but the seventh day is a sabbath to the Lord your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your male or female servant, nor your ox, your donkey or any of your animals, nor any foreigner residing in your towns, so that your male and female servants may rest, as you do. 15 Remember that you were slaves in Egypt and that the Lord your God brought you out of there with a mighty hand and an outstretched arm. Therefore the Lord your God has commanded you to observe the Sabbath day.

I'm glad you understand why I don't want your anti-Christ's Sabbath garbage on that topic. Thanks.

How come you never quote the full content of the Fourth Commandment as God SAID it was *for* when He gave it? " *FOR* IN SIX DAYS THE LORD MADE HEAVEN AND EARTH AND SEA AND ALL THAT IS IN THEM IS, AND RESTED ON THE SABBATH DAY AND HALLOWED IT."

What you quote is what God said to Moses not what God said when He gave the Fourth Commandment.

Just as the Link said, the Sabbath was given as a weekly reminder of the sovereignty of the Great Creator (who you show no respect whatsoever). The same reason is again spoken of in Heb.4:4 and 9-10

Intangible
#62 Posted : Saturday, December 12, 2015 6:19:22 PM

sonny35 wrote:

I'm glad you understand why I don't want your anti-Christ's Sabbath garbage on that topic. Thanks.

How come you never quote the full content of the Fourth Commandment as God SAID it was *for* when He gave it? " *FOR* IN SIX DAYS THE LORD MADE HEAVEN AND EARTH AND SEA AND ALL THAT IS IN THEM IS, AND RESTED ON THE SABBATH DAY AND HALLOWED IT."

What you quote is what God said to Moses not what God said when He gave the Fourth Commandment.

Just as the Link said, the Sabbath was given as a weekly reminder of the sovereignty of the Great Creator (who you show no respect whatsoever). The same reason is again spoken of in Heb.4:4 and 9-10

So once again sonny35 calls my quotes from the Holy Bible "anti-Christ's Sabbath garbage"!

What I quote is the fourth commandment Sabbatarians outright reject as "anti-Christ's Sabbath garbage" There is absolutely nothing in the Holy Bible that claims Deuteronomy 5 is "what God said to Moses not what God said when He gave the Fourth Commandment." That is just more of your idiocy!

Sonny35 doesn't want me to post Bible quotes on his thread, yet he has no problem posting his garbage on mine.... that is about standard for the little nasty troll.
It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office.

H. L. Mencken

sonny35
#63 Posted : Saturday, December 12, 2015 6:56:47 PM

Intangible wrote:
sonny35 wrote:

So once again sonny35 calls my quotes from the Holy Bible "anti-Christ's Sabbath garbage"!

What I quote is the fourth commandment Sabbatarians outright reject as "anti-Christ's Sabbath garbage" There is absolutely nothing in the Holy Bible that claims Deuteronomy 5 is "what God said to Moses not what God said when He gave the Fourth Commandment." That is just more of your idiocy!

Sonny35 doesn't want me to post Bible quotes on his thread, yet he has no problem posting his garbage on mine.... that is about standard for the little nasty troll.

You are lying again IntangibleShame on you

When God gave (wrote) the Fourth Commandment (Gen.20:8-11) He said not one word about Egypt (READ IT), all of that was given later to Israel through Moses, It was NOT instructed or given in the giving of the Fourth Commandment. You try and misuse it that way but it is not so.

If you don't want my reply on your topics, SAY SO, not waiting, but UP FRONT and I will comply instantly and expect the same from you not just on the one but all, Your choice?

Intangible
#64 Posted : Saturday, December 12, 2015 7:35:38 PM

sonny35 wrote:
Intangible wrote:

You are lying again IntangibleShame on you

When God gave (wrote) the Fourth Commandment (Gen.20:8-11) He said not one word about Egypt (READ IT), all of that was given later to Israel through Moses, It was NOT instructed or given in the giving of the Fourth Commandment. You try and misuse it that way but it is not so.

If you don't want my reply on your topics, SAY SO, not waiting, but UP FRONT and I will comply instantly and expect the same from you not just on the one but all, Your choice?

You just love calling people liars for sticking with the Holy Bible.

God did not write the fourth commandment until He actually wrote it on the tablets of stone. Genesis 20:8-11 says NOTHING about the Sabbath!

Genesis 20:8 Early the next morning Abimelek summoned all his officials, and when he told them all that had happened, they were very much afraid. 9 Then Abimelek called Abraham in and said, “What have you done to us? How have I wronged you that you have brought such great guilt upon me and my kingdom? You have done things to me that should never be done.” 10 And Abimelek asked Abraham, “What was your reason for doing this?”

11 Abraham replied, “I said to myself, ‘There is surely no fear of God in this place, and they will kill me because of my wife.’

So according to YOU, God did not write the Ten Commandments when Moses went up the mountain!?! You seem to think He wrote them long before He ever actually wrote them down. Man you ARE twisted!

I misuse nothing in the Holy Bible, I quote it. You twist everything implying it is okay to read between the lines and change words around to suit your doctrine..... after all, it doesn't take a brain surgeon to twist the clearly written words of God to fit your doctrine. The Sabbath command was given directly to Israel when God wrote the Ten Commandments on two stone tablets, not before.

Deuteronomy 5:1 Moses summoned all Israel and said:

Hear, Israel, the decrees and laws I declare in your hearing today. Learn them and be sure to follow them. 2 The Lord our God made a covenant with us at Horeb. 3 It was not with our ancestors that the Lord made this covenant, but with us, with all of us who are alive here today. 4 The Lord spoke to you face to face out of the fire on the mountain. 5 (At that time I stood between the Lord and you to declare to you the word of the Lord, because you were afraid of the fire and did not go up the mountain.) And he said:

6 “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.

7 “You shall have no other gods before me.

8 “You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. 9 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, 10 but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments.

11 “You shall not misuse the name of the Lord your God, for the Lord will not hold anyone guiltless who misuses his name.

12 “Observe the Sabbath day by keeping it holy, as the Lord your God has commanded you. 13 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 14 but the seventh day is a sabbath to the Lord your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your male or female servant, nor your ox, your donkey or any of your animals, nor any foreigner residing in your towns, so that your male and female servants may rest, as you do. 15 Remember that you were slaves in Egypt and that the Lord your God brought you out of there with a mighty hand and an outstretched arm. Therefore the Lord your God has commanded you to observe the Sabbath day.

16 “Honor your father and your mother, as the Lord your God has commanded you, so that you may live long and that it may go well with you in the land the Lord your God is giving you.

17 “You shall not murder.

18 “You shall not commit adultery.

19 “You shall not steal.

20 “You shall not give false testimony against your neighbor.

21 “You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife. You shall not set your desire on your neighbor’s house or land, his male or female servant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor.”

22 These are the commandments the Lord proclaimed in a loud voice to your whole assembly there on the mountain from out of the fire, the cloud and the deep darkness; and he added nothing more. Then he wrote them on two stone tablets and gave them to me.

It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office.

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#65 Posted : Wednesday, December 16, 2015 10:17:59 PM

Exodus 31:12 Then the Lord said to Moses, 13 “Say to the Israelites, ‘You must observe my Sabbaths. This will be a sign between me and you for the generations to come, so you may know that I am the Lord, who makes you holy.

14 “‘Observe the Sabbath, because it is holy to you. Anyone who desecrates it is to be put to death; those who do any work on that day must be cut off from their people. 15 For six days work is to be done, but the seventh day is a day of sabbath rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day is to be put to death. 16 The Israelites are to observe the Sabbath, celebrating it for the generations to come as a lasting covenant. 17 It will be a sign between me and the Israelites forever, for in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, and on the seventh day he rested and was refreshed.’”

18 When the Lord finished speaking to Moses on Mount Sinai, he gave him the two tablets of the covenant law, the tablets of stone inscribed by the finger of God.

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#66 Posted : Saturday, February 27, 2016 6:35:00 PM

Deuteronomy 5:12Observe the Sabbath day by keeping it holy, as the Lord your God has commanded you. 13 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 14 but the seventh day is a sabbath to the Lord your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your male or female servant, nor your ox, your donkey or any of your animals, nor any foreigner residing in your towns, so that your male and female servants may rest, as you do. 15 Remember that you were slaves in Egypt and that the Lord your God brought you out of there with a mighty hand and an outstretched arm. Therefore the Lord your God has commanded you to observe the Sabbath day.

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#67 Posted : Monday, June 06, 2016 9:20:24 PM

Hear, Israel, the decrees and laws I declare in your hearing today. Learn them and be sure to follow them. 2 The Lord our God made a covenant with us at Horeb. 3 It was not with our ancestors that the Lord made this covenant, but with us, with all of us who are alive here today. 4 The Lord spoke to you face to face out of the fire on the mountain. 5 (At that time I stood between the Lord and you to declare to you the word of the Lord, because you were afraid of the fire and did not go up the mountain.) And he said:

6 “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.

7 “You shall have no other gods before me.

8 “You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. 9 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, 10 but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments.

11 “You shall not misuse the name of the Lord your God, for the Lord will not hold anyone guiltless who misuses his name.

12 “Observe the Sabbath day by keeping it holy, as the Lord your God has commanded you. 13 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 14 but the seventh day is a sabbath to the Lord your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your male or female servant, nor your ox, your donkey or any of your animals, nor any foreigner residing in your towns, so that your male and female servants may rest, as you do. 15 Remember that you were slaves in Egypt and that the Lord your God brought you out of there with a mighty hand and an outstretched arm. Therefore the Lord your God has commanded you to observe the Sabbath day.

16 “Honor your father and your mother, as the Lord your God has commanded you, so that you may live long and that it may go well with you in the land the Lord your God is giving you.

17 “You shall not murder.

18 “You shall not commit adultery.

19 “You shall not steal.

20 “You shall not give false testimony against your neighbor.

21 “You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife. You shall not set your desire on your neighbor’s house or land, his male or female servant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor.”

22 These are the commandments the Lord proclaimed in a loud voice to your whole assembly there on the mountain from out of the fire, the cloud and the deep darkness; and he added nothing more. Then he wrote them on two stone tablets and gave them to me.

23 When you heard the voice out of the darkness, while the mountain was ablaze with fire, all the leaders of your tribes and your elders came to me. 24 And you said, “The Lord our God has shown us his glory and his majesty, and we have heard his voice from the fire. Today we have seen that a person can live even if God speaks with them. 25 But now, why should we die? This great fire will consume us, and we will die if we hear the voice of the Lord our God any longer. 26 For what mortal has ever heard the voice of the living God speaking out of fire, as we have, and survived? 27 Go near and listen to all that the Lord our God says. Then tell us whatever the Lord our God tells you. We will listen and obey.”

28 The Lord heard you when you spoke to me, and the Lord said to me, “I have heard what this people said to you. Everything they said was good. 29 Oh, that their hearts would be inclined to fear me and keep all my commands always, so that it might go well with them and their children forever!

30 “Go, tell them to return to their tents. 31 But you stay here with me so that I may give you all the commands, decrees and laws you are to teach them to follow in the land I am giving them to possess.”

32 So be careful to do what the Lord your God has commanded you; do not turn aside to the right or to the left. 33 Walk in obedience to all that the Lord your God has commanded you, so that you may live and prosper and prolong your days in the land that you will possess.

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#68 Posted : Friday, July 29, 2016 9:09:48 PM

Deuteronomy 5:12Observe the Sabbath day by keeping it holy, as the Lord your God has commanded you. 13 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 14 but the seventh day is a sabbath to the Lord your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your male or female servant, nor your ox, your donkey or any of your animals, nor any foreigner residing in your towns, so that your male and female servants may rest, as you do. 15 Remember that you were slaves in Egypt and that the Lord your God brought you out of there with a mighty hand and an outstretched arm. Therefore the Lord your God has commanded you to observe the Sabbath day.

Exodus 13:3 Then Moses said to the people, “Commemorate this day, the day you came out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery, because the Lord brought you out of it with a mighty hand. Eat nothing containing yeast. 4 Today, in the month of Aviv, you are leaving. 5 When the Lord brings you into the land of the Canaanites, Hittites, Amorites, Hivites and Jebusites—the land he swore to your ancestors to give you, a land flowing with milk and honey—you are to observe this ceremony in this month: 6 For seven days eat bread made without yeast and on the seventh day hold a festival to the Lord. 7 Eat unleavened bread during those seven days; nothing with yeast in it is to be seen among you, nor shall any yeast be seen anywhere within your borders. 8 On that day tell your son, ‘I do this because of what the Lord did for me when I came out of Egypt.’ 9 This observance will be for you like a sign on your hand and a reminder on your forehead that this law of the Lord is to be on your lips. For the Lord brought you out of Egypt with his mighty hand. 10 You must keep this ordinance at the appointed time year after year.

18 When the Lord finished speaking to Moses on Mount Sinai, he gave him the two tablets of the covenant law, the tablets of stone inscribed by the finger of God.

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#69 Posted : Friday, October 07, 2016 9:39:37 PM

Shabbat Shalom to those that keep the Sabbath holy.

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#70 Posted : Saturday, June 17, 2017 10:36:51 PM

For those that actually follow what we find in the Holy Bible.......

The Sabbath

If you choose to live under this old covenant, you are rejecting the covenant of which Jesus is our minister.

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#71 Posted : Monday, May 21, 2018 8:42:38 PM

The Sabbath

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#72 Posted : Sunday, June 10, 2018 6:26:43 PM

Paulwhut wrote:
The Ten Commandments were kept by Gods' people from the get go.....Marriage and the sabbath were mentioned at creation.......

The people today who claim the sabbath was done away with......have not a Scripture to support the sunday sacredness that they prefer.....

Even the RCC will admit there is not Scripture to support Sundaysacredness.

This is really a loaded question because there is nothing whatsoever in the Holy Bible making Sunday sacred. The Old Testament spells out seventh day sacredness for Israel. There are clear and specific reasons given for keeping the seventh day as a sacred day of rest, but the New Testament tells us not to judge a person based on what day, if any, they hold sacred.

Below are two very specific sets of instructions on Sabbath observance. The first example is the fourth of the Ten Commandments.

Deuteronomy 5:12 “Observe the Sabbath day by keeping it holy, as the Lord your God has commanded you. 13 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 14 but the seventh day is a sabbath to the Lord your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your male or female servant, nor your ox, your donkey or any of your animals, nor any foreigner residing in your towns, so that your male and female servants may rest, as you do. 15 Remember that you were slaves in Egypt and that the Lord your God brought you out of there with a mighty hand and an outstretched arm. Therefore the Lord your God has commanded you to observe the Sabbath day.

The New Testament is also quite specific about the Sabbath and other ceremonial laws.

Colossians 2:16 Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day.

Romans 14:1 Accept the one whose faith is weak, without quarreling over disputable matters. 2 One person’s faith allows them to eat anything, but another, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables. 3 The one who eats everything must not treat with contempt the one who does not, and the one who does not eat everything must not judge the one who does, for God has accepted them. 4 Who are you to judge someone else’s servant? To their own master, servants stand or fall. And they will stand, for the Lord is able to make them stand.

5 One person considers one day more sacred than another; another considers every day alike. Each of them should be fully convinced in their own mind. 6 Whoever regards one day as special does so to the Lord. Whoever eats meat does so to the Lord, for they give thanks to God; and whoever abstains does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God. 7 For none of us lives for ourselves alone, and none of us dies for ourselves alone. 8 If we live, we live for the Lord; and if we die, we die for the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord. 9 For this very reason, Christ died and returned to life so that he might be the Lord of both the dead and the living.

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#73 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2018 5:12:57 PM

So, who are YOU going to believe, Ellen White or Jesus Christ? Would a true prophet speak words contrary to the Holy Bible?

Jesus was asked to name the greatest commandment of God. In response he quoted Deuteronomy 6:5 and Leviticus 19:18. When Ellen White was asked to name the greatest commandment, she said the fourth commandment of the Ten Commandment covenant with Israel. So who do you believe?

Ellen G White's false prophesy!

The seventh-day Adventist "prophet" Ellen G. White actually taught that the Sabbath is the most important of the 10 commandments above all others!

This is an example of how false doctrine gives birth to some wild ideas!
This is one of the original arguments used by the Adventist's inspired prophet Ellen G. White! She falsely taught that the Sabbath is God's special law above all laws:

"I beheld the tables of stone on which the Ten Commandments were written. I was amazed as I saw the fourth commandment in the very center of the ten precepts with a soft halo of light encircling it. Said the angel, 'It is the only one of the ten which defines the living God who created the heavens and the earth and all things that are there­in."' (Life Sketches of Ellen G. White, Pages 95-96, Official Adventist publication)

"Jesus opened them, and I saw the Ten Commandments written on them with the finger of God. On one table were Four and on the other six. The four on the first table shone brighter than the other six. But the fourth, the Sabbath commandment, shone above them all; for the Sabbath was set apart to be kept in honor of God's holy name. The holy Sabbath looked glorious­ a halo of glory was all around it. I saw that the Sabbath commandment was not nailed to the cross." (Early Writings of Ellen G. White, page 33, Official Adventist publication)

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#74 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2018 9:32:16 PM

God has given instruction on all things. Deuteronomy 18 has some specifics on prophets. No true prophet of God will speak any words contrary to what we find in the Holy Bible!

Deuteronomy 18:14 The nations you will dispossess listen to those who practice sorcery or divination. But as for you, the Lord your God has not permitted you to do so. 15 The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among you, from your fellow Israelites. You must listen to him. 16 For this is what you asked of the Lord your God at Horeb on the day of the assembly when you said, “Let us not hear the voice of the Lord our God nor see this great fire anymore, or we will die.”

17 The Lord said to me: “What they say is good. 18 I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their fellow Israelites, and I will put my words in his mouth. He will tell them everything I command him. 19 I myself will call to account anyone who does not listen to my words that the prophet speaks in my name. 20 But a prophet who presumes to speak in my name anything I have not commanded, or a prophet who speaks in the name of other gods, is to be put to death.”

21 You may say to yourselves, “How can we know when a message has not been spoken by the Lord?” 22 If what a prophet proclaims in the name of the Lord does not take place or come true, that is a message the Lord has not spoken. That prophet has spoken presumptuously, so do not be alarmed.

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#75 Posted : Friday, November 09, 2018 5:44:33 PM

I find it odd that the person screaming the loudest to read your Holy Bible is also the person that prefers to read and believe the publications of an unfortunate woman with severe seizures, Ellen G White. She basically rewrote the Holy Bible to be in line with her "visions" she had during these seizures and Paulwhut criticizes EVERY OTHER Christian based on this nonsense!

In this particular case, it is a severely brain damaged woman that has "messed with" the Holy Bible to the point that it is unrecognizable. According to her, all Christians are to convert to devout Judaism or be called a pawn of Satan.

paulwhut wrote:
Good Morning. Today is the preparation, the sabbath is drawing on.

Gods' Truth.....man has messed with it......on all fronts.

In our society today I'm now down in the "Bible Belt".....and the different "protestant" churches are more than you can count.

Everywhere.....and they all have different names.

"One church.....one faith......one baptism"???????

There is only one "Remnant" church........Rev 12:17

Revelation 12:17 (KJV)
17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

The "remnant" keeps the commandments......and the "remnant" has the "testimony of Jesus Christ.......

Tis the SDA church in the world......21 million in number and growing at the rate of 12-15 hundred daily....worldwide.

People reading their Bibles and looking for a church, finding the Seventh Day Adventists fills the bill........the remnant of the Scriptures.

"The testimony of Jesus"??????? Rev 19:10

Revelation 19:10 (KJV)
10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

EGW fills the bill.........read her life story......it is on the web.......read it.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#76 Posted : Friday, January 04, 2019 5:00:42 PM

Here is a fairly simple study..... The word Sabbath appears one hundred times or more in the Holy Bible, depending on which translation is used. For example, "Sabbath" appears some 154 times in the New International translation, 146 times in the King James. There are some very specific instructions and reasons for keeping the Sabbath and there are times when the word refers more to a period of time.

Using the entire Holy Bible, both old and new testaments, do a word search for "Sabbath" looking specifically for the reasoning given in the instruction. What is the who, what and why of the Sabbath? This is just one example....

Leviticus 23:1 The Lord said to Moses, 2 “Speak to the Israelites and say to them: ‘These are my appointed festivals, the appointed festivals of the Lord, which you are to proclaim as sacred assemblies.

3 “‘There are six days when you may work, but the seventh day is a day of sabbath rest, a day of sacred assembly. You are not to do any work; wherever you live, it is a sabbath to the Lord.

We are told the Sabbath is an "appointed festival" for Israel, given directly from YHWH. The Sabbath was to be a day of rest and "sacred assembly" where no work is done.

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#77 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2019 9:23:40 PM

The sabbath of the Holy Bible was made for a specific people, in a specific covenant, with a specific purpose. The requirements for a believer in Christ is to have faith in knowing and acknowledging Yahshua to be the living son of YHWH, our creator. We are to love our neighbor, all mankind, including our enemies. When false information began to creep into some early Christian teaching, this was a piece of advice given to the Colossians.

Colossians 2:16 Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. 17 These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ. 18 Do not let anyone who delights in false humility and the worship of angels disqualify you. Such a person also goes into great detail about what they have seen; they are puffed up with idle notions by their unspiritual mind. 19 They have lost connection with the head, from whom the whole body, supported and held together by its ligaments and sinews, grows as God causes it to grow.

20 Since you died with Christ to the elemental spiritual forces of this world, why, as though you still belonged to the world, do you submit to its rules: 21 “Do not handle! Do not taste! Do not touch!”? 22 These rules, which have to do with things that are all destined to perish with use, are based on merely human commands and teachings. 23 Such regulations indeed have an appearance of wisdom, with their self-imposed worship, their false humility and their harsh treatment of the body, but they lack any value in restraining sensual indulgence.

H. L. Mencken

paulwhut
#78 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2019 6:54:09 AM

Yes the sabbath ws made for the human family.....thereat creation.

where is your thinking?

A&E were given the sabbath, and you and I are their descendants.
Many wonder today why the Republican party does nothing to defeat the treasonous
schemes of the Democrats. It is because the pope’s Jesuits have thoroughly
infiltrated the Republican party as well as the Democratic party. Many wonder why
the news media lie so much to support and protect the Democrats. It is because the
pope’s Jesuits have thoroughly infiltrated the news media. The news media and
schools and colleges, with their lies and propaganda, have so conditioned the
people of the country that they are unable to recognize what has been done to them.
Victory for the Jesuits seems very near. The Jesuits are like a cancer that has
pervaded nearly every fiber of the society of the United States. We are being
defeated by the enemy within.

For many years the Jesuits have prevented the United States from developing
additional sources of energy within its own territory. Exploiting the vast oilfields on
the Alaskan north slope, that probably contain more oil than the entire middle east,
is forbidden. New nuclear power plants, the safest source of electric energy ever
discovered, are not permitted. There is no end to the lies people have been made to
believe about Nuclear energy. The environment is used as the club to subdue the
people of the country into going along with this idiocy. Modern technology is able to
develop these sources of power without any damage to the environment. France
gets 80% of its power from nuclear power plants without any problems. Needless to
say, without sufficient energy, the United States will not be able to defend itself. All
the papacy has to do is cut off the oil supply from the middle east.

The United States is now starting to feel the pinch of the energy shortage the Jesuits
have created. People have experienced blackouts over large areas as power is shut
off to stay within the limits of generating capacity. Today, instead of constructing
additional nuclear power plants, some of these plants are being dismantled! Will the
people of the United States be able to wake up in time to prevent the coming
national tragedy?

Not only in the United States is this treachery being perpetrated by the papacy, but
they are secretly at work all over the world to subvert all the nations of the world.

"And all the world wondered after the beast." Rev 13:3 last part.
Intangible
#79 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2019 3:45:55 PM

The Holy Bible does NOT say anything about anyone observing a sabbath before God gave the command to Israel. There are specific people given the sabbath, it was far more than a simple day of rest. My "thinking" is to try to not over think or let my imagination fill in areas so that it all make sense in my own mind.

In Galatians 3 we are told this covenant with Israel came 430 years after YHWH made a promise to Abraham. We are told in Romans, "One person considers one day more sacred than another; another considers every day alike. Each of them should be fully convinced in their own mind."

We are told in Colossians to not let people falsely judge based on a "religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day". It seems perfectly clear to me, one person holds one day special while another man does not, neither should judge the other based on this.

paulwhut wrote:
Yes the sabbath ws made for the human family.....thereat creation.

where is your thinking?

A&E were given the sabbath, and you and I are their descendants.

H. L. Mencken

paulwhut
#80 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2019 6:50:21 AM

From carefully reading Gen 2:3 and other verses following in the next few chapters, it is clear to me that the sons of seth and A&E paid attention to THE SEVENTH DAY OF THE WEEK WHICH GOD HAD S A N C T I F I E D !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"(KJV) and sanctified it:"........I can not accept that a day that God "sanctified" was ignored by His followers.......!

and in Chapter 5 we read Genesis 5:22 (KJV)
22 And Enoch walked with God after he begat Methuselah three hundred years, and begat sons and daughters:

HOW COULD ENOCH WALK WITH GOD AND IGNORE THE DAY THAT OCCURRED EACH WEEK WAS A DAY "SANCTIFIED" BY GOD??????

ENOCH PLEASED GOD SO THAT GOD "TOOK HIM"......COULD GOD "TAKE" A MAN WHO IGNORED THE SANCTIFIED SEVENTH DAY????????????????????

HUH???????????????????
Many wonder today why the Republican party does nothing to defeat the treasonous
schemes of the Democrats. It is because the pope’s Jesuits have thoroughly
infiltrated the Republican party as well as the Democratic party. Many wonder why
the news media lie so much to support and protect the Democrats. It is because the
pope’s Jesuits have thoroughly infiltrated the news media. The news media and
schools and colleges, with their lies and propaganda, have so conditioned the
people of the country that they are unable to recognize what has been done to them.
Victory for the Jesuits seems very near. The Jesuits are like a cancer that has
pervaded nearly every fiber of the society of the United States. We are being
defeated by the enemy within.

For many years the Jesuits have prevented the United States from developing
additional sources of energy within its own territory. Exploiting the vast oilfields on
the Alaskan north slope, that probably contain more oil than the entire middle east,
is forbidden. New nuclear power plants, the safest source of electric energy ever
discovered, are not permitted. There is no end to the lies people have been made to
believe about Nuclear energy. The environment is used as the club to subdue the
people of the country into going along with this idiocy. Modern technology is able to
develop these sources of power without any damage to the environment. France
gets 80% of its power from nuclear power plants without any problems. Needless to
say, without sufficient energy, the United States will not be able to defend itself. All
the papacy has to do is cut off the oil supply from the middle east.

The United States is now starting to feel the pinch of the energy shortage the Jesuits
have created. People have experienced blackouts over large areas as power is shut
off to stay within the limits of generating capacity. Today, instead of constructing
additional nuclear power plants, some of these plants are being dismantled! Will the
people of the United States be able to wake up in time to prevent the coming
national tragedy?

Not only in the United States is this treachery being perpetrated by the papacy, but
they are secretly at work all over the world to subvert all the nations of the world.

"And all the world wondered after the beast." Rev 13:3 last part.
5 Pages «<2345>