Home  •  Forum  •  Blogs  •  E-Mail  •  Support Categories
MyBasicISP Categories Finance Travel Real Estate Games Autos Entertainment
Welcome Guest Active Topics |

20 Pages «<17181920>
Evangelicals, Elected Trump Options
Intangible
#361 Posted : Sunday, January 27, 2019 7:32:23 PM

This nation was formed with a constitutional guarantee of separation of Church and State. Yet most right wingers would like nothing better than to make this into a "Christian" nation under "Christian" theocratic rule....

It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office.

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#362 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2019 7:16:11 PM

Do you really think God wanted the embodiment of evil to lead our nation?!

It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office.

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#363 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2019 8:54:50 PM

Idiots! The "snowflakes" tried to tell you....

I hope you all enjoy giving up thousands of dollars so all those poor billionaires can get a tax break!

Average Tax Refunds DOWN 8.4%

Average Tax Refunds Down 8.4 Percent As Angry Taxpayers Vent On Twitter

Average tax refunds were down last week 8.4 percent for the first week of the tax season over the same time last year, according to the Internal Revenue Service. Dipping refunds are inflaming a growing army of taxpayers stunned by the consequences of the Trump administration’s tax law — and the effects of the partial government shutdown.

The average refund check paid out so far has been $1,865, down from $2,035 at the same point in 2018, according to IRS data. Low-income taxpayers often file early to pocket the money as soon as possible. Many taxpayers count on the refunds to make important payments, or spend the money on things like home repairs, a vacation or a car.

The IRS had estimated it would issue about 2.3 percent fewer refunds this year as a result of the changes in the federal tax law, according to Bloomberg. MSNBC reports that 30 million Americans will owe the IRS money this year — 3 million more than before Trump’s tax law.

“There are going to be a lot of unhappy people over the next month,” Edward Karl of the American Institute of CPAs told Politico. “Taxpayers want a large refund.” Some 71 percent of taxpayers received refunds last year worth about $3,000 on average, according to Karl.

Scads of taxpayers are complaining on Twitter that they have always received a refund — but now owe the IRS instead.

The number of refunds sent out by the IRS was also down — about 24 percent — as the agency struggled to get up to speed after the government shutdown. The agency sent out about 4.67 million tax refunds in the week ending Feb. 1, compared with about 6.17 million in the same period in 2018, according to IRS data.

This year’s filing season, which began two days after the shutdown ended on Jan. 25, is complicated because it’s the first after the 2017 tax law was enacted. Though President Donald Trump boasted that the new code would be so simplified that people could file their taxes on a postcard, that’s not the case.

In addition, the changes complicated payroll withholding, so that not enough money was withheld by employers in many cases, meaning that people now owe more taxes. The new law also capped IRS deductions for paid state and local taxes, including real estate taxes, resulting in a nasty surprise for many filers. Several other deductions are no longer allowed.

The frustrations will likely continue to fuel support for plans to boost taxes on the ultra-wealthy. A poll last month found that nearly 60 percent of registered voters support a plan by Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez to impose a 70 percent marginal tax rate on the portion of annual income that exceeds $10 million a year.

Twitter is filling up with complaints from people whose situation has changed radically.

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#364 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2019 4:45:44 PM

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#365 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2019 6:10:10 PM

This applies in so many ways.....

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#366 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2019 4:26:09 PM

Truth!

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#367 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2019 4:01:33 PM

I don't think "Bill Nye ~ the science guy" believes in creation, but he has a more Christ like attitude than Trump supporting Christians!

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#368 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2019 5:02:45 PM

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#369 Posted : Sunday, March 03, 2019 9:08:32 PM

American evangelical Trump supporters have absolutely no credibility!

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#370 Posted : Wednesday, March 06, 2019 6:46:18 PM

Just a thought.....

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#371 Posted : Saturday, March 16, 2019 5:32:24 PM

Some of you should be feeling pretty stupid by now.....

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#372 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2019 1:36:50 PM

Obviously they aren't the brightest.....

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#373 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2019 5:46:55 PM

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#374 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2019 8:13:46 PM

Today's evangelicals apparently practice a different form of Christianity......

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#375 Posted : Sunday, April 21, 2019 10:09:14 PM

American Evangelicals have betrayed Christ!

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#376 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2019 4:30:38 PM

So you think we should base our laws on the Holy Bible?

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#377 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2019 7:24:40 PM

The choice of evangelicals....

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#378 Posted : Tuesday, June 25, 2019 10:44:16 PM

So evangelicals, you can stop calling yourselves pro-life!

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#379 Posted : Wednesday, June 26, 2019 1:44:13 PM

Colossians 2:8 See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the elemental spiritual forces of this world rather than on Christ.

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#380 Posted : Thursday, June 27, 2019 7:16:54 PM

Evangelicals are a fickle bunch!

H. L. Mencken

20 Pages «<17181920>