Home  •  Forum  •  Blogs  •  E-Mail  •  Support Categories
MyBasicISP Categories Finance Travel Real Estate Games Autos Entertainment
Welcome Guest Active Topics |

8 Pages «<5678>
General Political News Options
Intangible
#121 Posted : Thursday, March 07, 2019 6:12:16 PM

Funny how quickly things change when it happens in your back yard.

It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office.

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#122 Posted : Wednesday, March 20, 2019 4:58:21 PM

The nation is not safe and secure, but not because of immigration.... our danger comes from within...

It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office.

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#123 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2019 6:05:45 PM

In direct conflict with Trump's statement, the Barr summary quotes the Mueller report where it specifically states, the report "does not exonerate him".

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#124 Posted : Monday, April 01, 2019 4:49:50 PM

I would rather see Joe Biden enjoy retirement because the smear campaign has already begun. So far there is a woman that claimed Biden touched her in a way, not sexual, but it made her feel "powerless" and it was creepy when he kissed her on the top of her head. She thinks this action disqualifies Biden as a candidate.

If she did indeed feel bothered by his closeness and touch, how does she feel about her closeness with her hand on his shoulder?!

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#125 Posted : Sunday, April 07, 2019 6:14:57 PM

Creepy seems to be the new Republican norm, so why bug Uncle Joe?

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#126 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2019 7:25:13 PM

If the Mueller investigation actually exonerated Trump, why would he not want The People to see it in it's entirety, as soon as possible?! Seriously, think about it. If you had evidence that cleared you of all wrong doing, why would you not want people to see it?

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#127 Posted : Sunday, April 14, 2019 7:05:28 PM

The strange logic of Trump supporters....

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#128 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2019 5:05:52 PM

REPUBLICAN GROUP WILL RUN AD ON FOX NEWS URGING GOP TO HOLD TRUMP ACCOUNTABLE: ‘NO EXONERATION, DEFINITELY OBSTRUCTION’

BY CHRISTINA ZHAO ON 4/18/19

Republicans for the Rule of Law, a conservative group whose stated purpose is “defending the institutions of our republic,” will run an advertisement on Fox News over the weekend to urge GOP lawmakers to hold Trump accountable for the findings in special counsel Robert Mueller’s report on the Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election.

The highly anticipated 448-page report, with redactions, was released by Attorney General William Barr Thursday morning. The nearly two-year investigation resulted in 199 criminal charges, indicting 34 individuals—including six former Trump associates and three Russian companies.

While Mueller’s team did not accuse the president of a crime, it revealed ample evidence of wrongdoing by Trump and his inner circle, dating from his 2016 presidential campaign through his tenure in the Oval Office.

“It's clear from the report today that there's a lot of political interference that was attempted [by Trump],” Sarah Longwell, executive director of Republicans for the Rule of Law, told Newsweek. “This is not the end of the Mueller investigation, this is just the beginning. It looks like the Mueller report really is a road map for Congress. And that there was no exoneration, definitely obstruction.”

The group, which aims to “protect [Mueller's] investigation from political interference by the president,” was established in March 2017 when reports began to emerge of Trump's intentions to potentially fire Mueller. The documents released today revealed that Trump had indeed tried to dismiss Mueller in June 2017, but that then-White House counsel Don McGahn refused, saying he would rather resign.

Over the weekend, Republicans for the Rule of Law plan to air an advertisement on Fox News urging GOP lawmakers to hold Trump accountable for “lying” and “obstructing justice,” as Republicans did with President Bill Clinton more than 20 years ago, when a GOP-led House successfully impeached Clinton on charges of perjury and obstruction of justice. The Senate subsequently acquitted Clinton of all charges.

The Mueller Report revealed multiple instances of President Trump lying and obstructing justice. Twenty years ago, Republicans denounced a Democratic president for lying and obstructing justice,” the 34-second advertisement’s opening reads, before cutting to old clips of GOP lawmakers condemning Clinton on Capitol Hill. “Republicans stood for the rule of law then. We should stand for the rule of law now,” the ad concludes.

The advertisement’s goal, according to Longwell, is to “encourage speaking up from Republicans."

“They need to grapple with what’s in [the Mueller report], which is incredibly disturbing,” she said. “We're not urging impeachment or any kind of action other than Congress, specifically Republicans, should join the Democrats, to investigate the matter for fully and come to some conclusion about accountability.”

Within the clip is footage of “Republicans talking about how you cannot lie to the American people, you cannot obstruct justice, you must tell the truth, that the president's not above the law and we just believe those same rules very much still apply to this president,” said Longwell, adding that the group wanted to see Republicans “act like a congressional body with equal powers and to provide a check on a president, who clearly from this report does not respect the rule of law.”

Mueller explained in the report that his team could not establish that either Trump or his associates had conspired with the Kremlin to interfere in the 2016 U.S. presidential election. The investigation did not conclude that Trump had obstructed justice, “largely because” his aides “declined to carry out orders.” But it did not exonerate the president.

“If we had confidence after a thorough investigation of the facts that the President clearly did not commit obstruction of justice, we would so state,” the Mueller report stated. “We are unable to reach such a judgment.

“The President's efforts to influence the investigation were mostly unsuccessful, but that is largely because the persons who surrounded the President declined to carry out orders or accede to his requests. While this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him."

Despite this, Attorney General Barr held a press conference Thursday morning in which he repeated the words “no collusion,” at least five times in 22 minutes. “There was no evidence of Trump campaign 'collusion' with the Russian government's hacking,” Barr said.

Trump continued to publicly exonerate himself after the redacted report was released earlier today, telling a crowd: “I’m having a good day too, it was called no collusion, no obstruction—there never was by the way, and there never will be.” Later in the day, Trump also tweeted a Game of Thrones-inspired image to Twitter, which read: “No collusion. No obstruction. For the haters and the radical left Democrats—Game Over.”

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#129 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2019 6:01:29 PM

Everyone making money here needs to pay their taxes!

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#130 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2019 6:00:23 PM

The United States used to lead the world in technology and progress, we have been taken back to the middle of the last century!

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#131 Posted : Tuesday, April 30, 2019 1:10:07 PM

Texas Republicans forced to admit their 'voter fraud' panic was a lie

By Emily Singer - April 26, 2019

Texas tried to purge 95,000 people from the voter rolls by claiming they voted illegally. But it was all a lie.

The Republican secretary of state in Texas on Friday was forced to completely retract his lie about finding 95,000 non-citizens on the Texas voter rolls — a statistic he used to try to purge tens of thousands of eligible voters from the books.

As part of a settlement with civil rights groups, the state of Texas will have to rescind its initial advisory that made the false claims about voter fraud, and will have to notify anyone who received correspondence questioning their registration and citizenship that they are, in fact, still registered to vote in the U.S.

"Three months after the state released a discriminatory and flawed voter purge list, they have finally agreed to completely withdraw the advisory that risked throwing tens of thousands of potentially eligible voters off the rolls," Beth Stevens, voting rights legal director with the Texas Civil Rights Project, said in a statement on Friday.

Texas Secretary of State David Whitley announced in January that he uncovered a massive number of non-citizens on the voter rolls, and claimed 58,000 of them had voted in Texas. He reached out to counties to begin purging those voters from the books, unless the people he identified as non-citizens provided proof of citizenship within 30 days.

Whitley's claim began to fall apart almost immediately after he made it. Counties realized that some of the people on the list were in fact naturalized citizens, while others were just duplicate names.

Yet that didn't stop the purge effort. Nor did it stop GOP officials — including Trump — from using the claim to back up a phony narrative about "voter fraud."

"58,000 non-citizens voted in Texas, with 95,000 non-citizens registered to vote," Trump tweeted in January after the fake news began to spread. "These numbers are just the tip of the iceberg. All over the country, especially in California, voter fraud is rampant. Must be stopped. Strong voter ID!"

Ken Paxton, Texas' GOP attorney general, helped spread that fake news by declaring a "VOTER FRAUD ALERT" on Twitter. Texas Gov. Greg Abbott praised Whitley for allegedly "uncovering and investigating this illegal vote registration."

Civil rights groups, however, filed suit against the purge shortly after it began.

And a federal judge sided with those groups in February, rebuking Texas officials for pushing the lie and abusing the "power of government to strike fear and anxiety and to intimidate the least powerful among us."

"State officials have wasted hundreds of thousands of dollars and struck fear and confusion into thousands of voters in order to pursue their voter suppression agenda," Stevens said. "We are glad that this particular effort was stopped in its tracks and we will remain vigilant to ensure that not one single voter loses their right to vote due to the actions of state officials."

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#132 Posted : Saturday, May 04, 2019 10:10:34 PM

Just let it sink in....

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#133 Posted : Friday, May 10, 2019 6:55:51 PM

Mitch McConnell is a communist stooge!

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#134 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2019 9:58:50 PM

Trump Blames Obama

Trump blames Obama for not warning him about Michael Flynn. Which Obama did.

President Donald Trump wants you to believe that he had no way of knowing about former national security adviser Michael Flynn’s shady dealings with Russia before he made him his first national security adviser. In reality, the president is trying to rewrite history.

On Friday, Trump tweeted his lament that nobody warned him about Flynn, a retired Army lieutenant general who was dismissed from his job as director of national intelligence by then-President Barack Obama in 2014. After his dismissal, Flynn wasted little time cozying up to the Kremlin, and then spent 2016 as one of Trump’s key campaign surrogates.

“It now seems the General Flynn was under investigation long before was common knowledge,” Trump tweeted. “It would have been impossible for me to know this but, if that was the case, and with me being one of two people who would become president, why was I not told so that I could make a change?”

But news reports indicate otherwise. CNN, citing former Obama administration officials, reported on May 17, 2017, that during a White House meeting days after Trump’s election, Obama told him that “given the importance of the [national security adviser] job, the president through there were better people for it, and that Flynn wasn’t up for the job.” But Trump proceeded with hiring Flynn anyway. Former New Jersey governor and longtime Trump confidant Chris Christie has also said he directly advised Trump against hiring Flynn.

“If I were president-elect of the United States, I wouldn’t let General Flynn into the White House, let alone give him a job,” Christie said in 2017.

Flynn soon illustrated why Obama and Christie had concerns about him. During the presidential transition period, he had phone calls with then-Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak in which he advised Kislyak not to respond to new sanctions the Obama administration placed on Russia for interfering (on Trump’s behalf) in the just-completed presidential election. Not only did Flynn undercut Obama’s foreign policy, but he then lied about it, telling FBI investigators during an interview conducted days after Trump’s inauguration that he and Kislyak did not in fact discuss sanctions.

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#135 Posted : Saturday, June 01, 2019 6:53:45 PM

What happened to conservative Republicans?! When did communist dictators become our allies!?!

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#136 Posted : Friday, June 07, 2019 7:54:25 PM

Mitch McConnell is acting as if he is a dictator. We have 100 Senators for a very good reason, but McConnell rules with absolute power over the 99 others. He refuses to even allow bills to be debated simply by ignoring the existence. This government was never meant to allow one man so much power, these types of actions is what our government was designed to eliminate!

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#137 Posted : Tuesday, June 11, 2019 7:13:52 PM

Mitch McConnell has stopped virtually every bill sent to the Senate from the House. He doesn't even give the other 99 Senators a chance to debate of vote on anything coming out of the House.

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#138 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2019 3:05:47 PM

The Republicans no longer bear any resemblance to the party of Lincoln!

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#139 Posted : Friday, June 21, 2019 5:45:43 PM

While you were busy screaming about Hillary's e-mails.....

Mitch McConnell is communist stooge!

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#140 Posted : Thursday, June 27, 2019 6:26:08 PM

The tactics are always the same.....

H. L. Mencken

8 Pages «<5678>