Home  •  Forum  •  Blogs  •  E-Mail  •  Support Categories
MyBasicISP Categories Finance Travel Real Estate Games Autos Entertainment
Welcome Guest Active Topics |

5 Pages 123>»
Abortion Options
Intangible
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 01, 2015 6:14:06 PM

Catholic Nun Explains Pro-Life

In one simple quote, Sister Joan Chittister, O.S.B. sums up the hypocrisy of some in the 'pro-life' movement:

"I do not believe that just because you're opposed to abortion, that that makes you pro-life. In fact, I think in many cases, your morality is deeply lacking if all you want is a child born but not a child fed, not a child educated, not a child housed. And why would I think that you don't? Because you don't want any tax money to go there. That's not pro-life. That's pro-birth. We need a much broader conversation on what the morality of pro-life is."

This quote applies well to many Republican lawmakers and anti-choice extremists who continue to introduce/pass misogynist laws restricting a woman's reproductive rights. At the same time, the GOP works to shut down women's health clinics, with a special vengeance towards Planned Parenthood. You don't hear of these Right Wing anti-choice extremists adopting children from unplanned pregnancies. But you do hear of them cutting government programs like school lunches for children, cutting government financial and heath care aid to families who are homeless and/or in need, and blocking free college education. No, the goals of these hypocrites seem to be more about controlling women's bodies and women's futures.
It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office.

H. L. Mencken

Sponsor  

Intangible
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 05, 2015 5:18:01 PM

It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office.

H. L. Mencken

sonny35
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 05, 2015 5:43:22 PM

Intangible;

What you show in your above posting as for the 35%, 34%, 10%, 1% and 17% is all provided in Obuma Care so for the 3% of the services provided by Planned Parenthood they receive almost $1 1/2 billion of tax payers money per year for doing just 3% of the total listed of which is for killing human lives.

And besides the tax payers moneys they are harvesting and selling the baby parts to the highest bidders.Sick Sick Sick Sick and anyone who stands with them is just as PERVERTED AND SICK MINDED AS THEY ARE!!!Sick Sick Sick Sick Sick Sick Sick Sick Sick Sick Sick Sick Sick

Intangible
#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 05, 2015 6:42:18 PM

sonny35 wrote:

Intangible;

What you show in your above posting as for the 35%, 34%, 10%, 1% and 17% is all provided in Obuma Care so for the 3% of the services provided by Planned Parenthood they receive almost $1 1/2 billion of tax payers money per year for doing just 3% of the total listed of which is for killing human lives.

And besides the tax payers moneys they are harvesting and selling the baby parts to the highest bidders.Sick Sick Sick Sick and anyone who stands with them is just as PERVERTED AND SICK MINDED AS THEY ARE!!!Sick Sick Sick Sick Sick Sick Sick Sick Sick Sick Sick Sick Sick

First off, the total funding for Planned Parenthood is $1.3 billion. Out of that $1.3 billion, the government contributes $528 million. Out of that $528 million, 3% goes toward abortions. Although that 3% is still almost $16 million, it is a WAY less than $1.5 billion that you claim goes toward abortions.

While I personally do not support abortions, the SCOTUS has made them legal, a law of Caesar. As such, I do not stand in the way. Anyone that sins having an abortion is the person that will have to answer to God, not me, not you.

As for "harvesting and selling the baby parts," I don't believe they "sell" baby parts to turn a profit. I know there has been video purporting to show this, I have not watched any of it nor do I intend to watch any of it. Using parts or stem cells of an aborted baby at least makes that aborted life worth something. If a baby is born with a heart defect, I would rather see the heart of an aborted baby save the life of a baby in need rather than incinerating the remains of both babies.

How many babies are you going to adopt to cut down on the number of abortions?
Think

H. L. Mencken

RBKay
#5 Posted : Thursday, August 06, 2015 11:05:12 AM

A better question —

How many babies are they going to KILL in a life time?

Could they not find a welfare outfit to support them?

Don't the idiots know how babies are made?

Or are they just ??ores?

The weak can never forgive.
Forgiveness is a trait of the strong

sonny35
#6 Posted : Thursday, August 06, 2015 12:51:06 PM

Intangible wrote:
sonny35 wrote:

Intangible;

First off, the total funding for Planned Parenthood is $1.3 billion. Out of that $1.3 billion, the government contributes $528 million. Out of that $528 million, 3% goes toward abortions. Although that 3% is still almost $16 million, it is a WAY less than $1.5 billion that you claim goes toward abortions.

While I personally do not support abortions, the SCOTUS has made them legal, a law of Caesar. As such, I do not stand in the way. Anyone that sins having an abortion is the person that will have to answer to God, not me, not you.

As for "harvesting and selling the baby parts," I don't believe they "sell" baby parts to turn a profit. I know there has been video purporting to show this, I have not watched any of it nor do I intend to watch any of it. Using parts or stem cells of an aborted baby at least makes that aborted life worth something. If a baby is born with a heart defect, I would rather see the heart of an aborted baby save the life of a baby in need rather than incinerating the remains of both babies.

Think

So mans law over rides God's Law in your heart and mind. (that's some religion you have there "I" )

"An aborted life worth something"??? Why don't you say it as it is, making a killing (a willful murder) of a innocent human life worth something.
Sick Sick Sick Sick Sick Sick Sick Sick Sick Sick Sick Sick Sick Sick Sick Sick Sick

How about instead of throwing God out of the picture and teaching against fornication to cut down on the murder rate of abortions???

And I see you bring up the physical and health issue again even when you were shown that it is a very small % of abortions performed for that reason compared to the majority.

You say you do not support abortions but you will not stand in the way or speak out against them, it is evident that you only think of yourself and could care less about the neighbor you claim to have such great love for. You should be on the front line telling them how they are hurting themselves instead of just being content in your own little world.

You are truly of a far left liberal a-moral mind set Intangible.ThumbDown

Intangible
#7 Posted : Monday, August 10, 2015 5:13:17 PM

I think it is time to DEFUND Israel!

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#8 Posted : Saturday, October 03, 2015 8:44:18 PM

If anyone wants to have a continued discussion on abortion, this is the place I have set aside to do just that.

Intangible wrote:
sonny35 wrote:
Intangible wrote:
You don't believe Obama, but you do believe people that believe he is Muslim? His actions scream out against those that "believe" he is a Muslim no matter what the man himself states. Personally, I don't believe anyone that can't face the obvious facts.

I don't believe it is the duty of the POTUS to support any particular religious beliefs or doctrine. The SCOTUS long ago decided that the US Constitution does not prevent a woman from having an abortion. If a woman decides to have an abortion, I believe that decision is between her, her doctor and God.

I don't believe homosexuality is an "atrocity." I believe it is wrong but it is not cruel or violent or involuntarily afflicted upon individuals as the word "atrocity" would imply. It would be difficult to address "a zillion other things" without more specific information.

All God fearing people can stand up for their religious beliefs, no one is interfering with that right in this nation.

Between Democrat and Republican, I believe the Democrats still stand for the poor and less fortunate to some extent. However, I believe that no one that attains the social standing and notoriety required to successfully run for POTUS is truly altruistic and caring for all people..... some hide it better than others.

Homosexuality, not an "atrocity", it is an "abomination" to God! The destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah clearly shows what God thinks of homosexuality.

An abortion is a decision between her, her doctor and God? Why would you include God in deciding whether or not to kill a living human being?

Stand up for their religious beliefs, no one is interfering with that right? You claim that when the gov takes to court those who according to their beliefs refuse to pay for contraceptives or speak out against their tax money being spent on the killing of human lives?

You claim to be a Christian (Acts 5:29), do you speak out against those things? Or do you just pass it off as it is the law of the land and "go with the flow"?

I agree, homosexuality is not an "atrocity," but it is an "abomination" according to the Holy Bible. I don't think you actually meant to point out that the specific word "atrocity" is not really fitting, but "abomination" is a fitting term found in the Holy Bible.

In the case of abortions, a woman has to weigh her own conscience, her sins are between her and God. The doctor that performs an abortion must weigh his own conscience, his sins are a matter between the doctor and God. Neither one has broken a law of man if done within the law.

No one is interfering with the exercise or expression of religious beliefs in this nation. No one is being prevented from speaking out against how their tax money is spent. You can read about the free exercise of religion every day, nothing is being suppressed, the interaction is available to all that are interested.

Since you don't cite any specific examples I can only guess that you are talking about the Hobby Lobby case. The case was about the relationship of the employer with the employee and the terms of a work contract. The owners of the company tried to claim it was their religious right to refuse certain specific medications and procedures for the female employees based solely on the religious belief of that employer. No one was taken to court in an effort to suppress an individual's religious belief, it was always more of a question of the corporation's religious belief. Can a corporation deny certain medications and procedures based on the religious belief of some of the share holders?

I have "spoken out" on this forum and on this particular subject often. I don't believe man's laws should be based on any specific religious texts or doctrines. The SCOTUS has determined that the US Constitution does not specifically ban abortion some four decades ago and woman have been legally able to get an abortion within certain criteria specified in law. It has nothing to do with "going with the flow" and everything to do with accepting the fact that it is written into laws of men.

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#9 Posted : Saturday, October 03, 2015 10:49:59 PM

sonny35 wrote:

"Can a corporation deny certain medications and procedures based on the religious belief of some of the share holders?

If the largest percentage of the stock is owned by them and they are allowed to practice their freedom of religion, YES!

The way you sound you would follow ANY law passed by your SCOTUS no matter what it was and God's Law is secondary to SCOTUS law.ThumbDown

Everyone CAN follow their conscience in their own life, but an employer cannot force the employees to live by the corporation's collective "conscience," desires and beliefs of religion.

The SCOTUS does not write the law. Their duty is to see to it that laws passed fit within the framework of our Constitution. In this nation the laws are written within the three levels of Government by men. We are not a theocracy, so no specific religion or religious doctrine is to be written into our law.

If you want to stay out of prison, it is advised that you follow the law of the land in which you live. I don't have to like the law or agree with the premise, but I am legally obligated to follow those laws.

H. L. Mencken

sonny35
#10 Posted : Sunday, October 04, 2015 9:53:22 AM

Intangible wrote:
sonny35 wrote:

"Can a corporation deny certain medications and procedures based on the religious belief of some of the share holders?

If the largest percentage of the stock is owned by them and they are allowed to practice their freedom of religion, YES!

The way you sound you would follow ANY law passed by your SCOTUS no matter what it was and God's Law is secondary to SCOTUS law.ThumbDown

Everyone CAN follow their conscience in their own life, but an employer cannot force the employees to live by the corporation's collective "conscience," desires and beliefs of religion.

The SCOTUS does not write the law. Their duty is to see to it that laws passed fit within the framework of our Constitution. In this nation the laws are written within the three levels of Government by men. We are not a theocracy, so no specific religion or religious doctrine is to be written into our law.

If you want to stay out of prison, it is advised that you follow the law of the land in which you live. I don't have to like the law or agree with the premise, but I am legally obligated to follow those laws.

Then why in the h don't you quit with the constant griping and moaning about Patriot Act?

Shut up AND LIVE WITH IT! You are legally obligated to.Silenced BigGrin

Intangible
#11 Posted : Sunday, October 04, 2015 4:00:52 PM

sonny35 wrote:

Then why in the h don't you quit with the constant griping and moaning about Patriot Act?

Lets just put this where it belongs. Recently there have been two people "griping and moaning" about the Patriot Act and I am not one of them. That exchange can be found on the Dancing With God thread!

H. L. Mencken

sonny35
#12 Posted : Sunday, October 04, 2015 8:51:05 PM

Intangible wrote:
sonny35 wrote:

Lets just put this where it belongs. Recently there have been two people "griping and moaning" about the Patriot Act and I am not one of them. That exchange can be found on the Dancing With God thread!

Right, I forgot, you have never mentioned it or brought it up or said anything about that it was under Bush that in came into being and you are neither for or against it. It that right???

Intangible
#13 Posted : Sunday, October 04, 2015 11:13:06 PM

sonny35 wrote:
Intangible wrote:
sonny35 wrote:

Right, I forgot, you have never mentioned it or brought it up or said anything about that it was under Bush that in came into being and you are neither for or against it. It that right???

Did I say I ANY of that?!

No, NONE of what you imply I have stated is true, I said nothing of the sort.

So why do you have to lie about it?

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#14 Posted : Wednesday, October 07, 2015 9:24:35 PM

I am not particularly fond of Nancy Pelosi, I think she should have retired long ago, but the author of this article, Stephen D Foster Jr, does point out a couple interesting facts.

Nancy Pelosi Puts Right Wing Reporter in His Place.

When a “Christian” News Service reporter decided to interrogate Nancy Pelosi on abortion, she mercilessly shut him down.

During her weekly press conference on Thursday, House Minority Leader Pelosi took a question about abortion from so-called “reporter” Sam Dorman of CNS News, who talked over real journalists to make sure Pelosi heard his question.

“Is an unborn baby with a human heart and a human liver a human being?” he asked the mother of five children, thus confirming his status as nothing more than a right-wing troll.

But Pelosi, who has dealt with reporters like Dorman on previous occasions, didn’t want to waste any time dealing with him and his fake news agency, telling Dorman that she doesn’t want to take “ideological” questions.

However, Dorman made a pest of himself by daring to push his anti-abortion agenda further by trying to force Pelosi to respond.

Pushed beyond her patience, Pelosi promptly put Dorman in his place:

“Listen, I’m going to say something to you. I don’t know who you are and you are welcome to be here in freedom of this press. I am a devout, practicing Catholic. I’m a mother of five children. When my baby was born, my fifth child, my oldest was six. I think I know more about this subject than you, with all due respect. I do not intend to respond to your questions, which have no basis in what public policy is that we do here.”

The Constitution itself only gives citizenship to “all persons born” as stated in the 14th Amendment. Furthermore, the Bible itself makes reference to life beginning once a baby takes its first breath outside the womb. So not only is personhood defined by the civil law, it is already defined in the very religious text that conservative “Christians” want to see become the law of the land.

But seriously, why in the hell does an organization known as Christian News Service have press credentials in the first place? Clearly, CNS has a religious agenda that has no place in our secular government. And their apparent goal is to stalk politicians and annoy them relentlessly about why they aren’t lacing policies with more Christian beliefs, which, by the way, is prohibited by the Constitution. You know, that little thing both Thomas Jefferson and James Madison refer to as separation of church and state. So really, Christian News Service should probably not have access to lawmakers at all.

H. L. Mencken

TheCatsMeow
#15 Posted : Thursday, October 08, 2015 12:35:59 AM

HEY, tangi's back and busy as ever.
Intangible
#16 Posted : Monday, October 12, 2015 9:31:28 PM

I was recently made aware of where the Holy Bible talks of abortion. In light of this I should probably have a thread dealing with the religious aspect rather than the political angle.

If a woman has cheated on her husband, or even if her husband THINKS she cheated, he is to bring her before the priest with the specified offerings. In this process the woman is given water to drink into which dust from the floor of the tabernacle has been put and a scroll containing "curses" is to be washed into this mix. Apparently if the woman is not pregnant, nothing happens. However, if she is pregnant, drinking this concoction will cause a spontaneous miscarriage, a chemically induced abortion.

Numbers 5:11 Then the Lord said to Moses, 12 “Speak to the Israelites and say to them: ‘If a man’s wife goes astray and is unfaithful to him 13 so that another man has sexual relations with her, and this is hidden from her husband and her impurity is undetected (since there is no witness against her and she has not been caught in the act), 14 and if feelings of jealousy come over her husband and he suspects his wife and she is impure—or if he is jealous and suspects her even though she is not impure— 15 then he is to take his wife to the priest. He must also take an offering of a tenth of an ephah of barley flour on her behalf. He must not pour olive oil on it or put incense on it, because it is a grain offering for jealousy, a reminder-offering to draw attention to wrongdoing.

16 “‘The priest shall bring her and have her stand before the Lord. 17 Then he shall take some holy water in a clay jar and put some dust from the tabernacle floor into the water. 18 After the priest has had the woman stand before the Lord, he shall loosen her hair and place in her hands the reminder-offering, the grain offering for jealousy, while he himself holds the bitter water that brings a curse. 19 Then the priest shall put the woman under oath and say to her, “If no other man has had sexual relations with you and you have not gone astray and become impure while married to your husband, may this bitter water that brings a curse not harm you. 20 But if you have gone astray while married to your husband and you have made yourself impure by having sexual relations with a man other than your husband”— 21 here the priest is to put the woman under this curse—“may the Lord cause you to become a curse among your people when he makes your womb miscarry and your abdomen swell. 22 May this water that brings a curse enter your body so that your abdomen swells or your womb miscarries.”

“‘Then the woman is to say, “Amen. So be it.”

23 “‘The priest is to write these curses on a scroll and then wash them off into the bitter water. 24 He shall make the woman drink the bitter water that brings a curse, and this water that brings a curse and causes bitter suffering will enter her. 25 The priest is to take from her hands the grain offering for jealousy, wave it before the Lord and bring it to the altar. 26 The priest is then to take a handful of the grain offering as a memorial offering and burn it on the altar; after that, he is to have the woman drink the water. 27 If she has made herself impure and been unfaithful to her husband, this will be the result: When she is made to drink the water that brings a curse and causes bitter suffering, it will enter her, her abdomen will swell and her womb will miscarry, and she will become a curse. 28 If, however, the woman has not made herself impure, but is clean, she will be cleared of guilt and will be able to have children.

29 “‘This, then, is the law of jealousy when a woman goes astray and makes herself impure while married to her husband, 30 or when feelings of jealousy come over a man because he suspects his wife. The priest is to have her stand before the Lord and is to apply this entire law to her. 31 The husband will be innocent of any wrongdoing, but the woman will bear the consequences of her sin.’”

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#17 Posted : Tuesday, October 13, 2015 1:22:10 PM

H. L. Mencken

sonny35
#18 Posted : Wednesday, October 14, 2015 9:48:48 AM

Intangible wrote:

How about "Thanks to my Christian upbringing I've never needed an abortion"?

Sadly, that is a thing of the past. Today the gov. controls education and what is allowed to be taught and what is not allowed, like free condoms or "I have two mommies or two daddies" BUT NOTHING about God.Sick Sick Sick

A-MORALISM RULES

Intangible
#19 Posted : Wednesday, October 14, 2015 3:37:33 PM

sonny35 wrote:
How about "Thanks to my Christian upbringing I've never needed an abortion"?

Sadly, that is a thing of the past. Today the gov. controls education and what is allowed to be taught and what is not allowed, like free condoms or "I have two mommies or two daddies" BUT NOTHING about God.Sick Sick Sick

A-MORALISM RULES

How about the fact that not all people self identify as Christian in this nation?! We are no more a Christian nation than we are a white nation, we are a nation of immigrants from all corners of the world as well as all faith and beliefs. We are a secular nation, not a theocracy. According to the U.S. Constitution, the government has no say on our religious beliefs or choices.

Our public school system is a secular school, not a theocratic school. A public school must follow the U.S. Constitution which maintains a separation between church and state affairs. Personally, I would like to see a higher level of federal control to insure a fair and equal education to all no matter where they live. As it is, states control the actual curriculum so kids in some states are taught differently.

As an example, Texas has just rewritten the history books for the state. Now the history book claims that there were African immigrant workers and white European indentured slaves. There is one brief side note that uses the word slave in reference to Africans. A completely rewritten history, now written according to the KKK, white supremacy groups and the "Christian" right wing extremists.

STUPIDITY RULES

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#20 Posted : Friday, October 16, 2015 2:15:40 PM

H. L. Mencken

5 Pages 123>»