Home  •  Forum  •  Blogs  •  E-Mail  •  Support Categories
MyBasicISP Categories Finance Travel Real Estate Games Autos Entertainment
Welcome Guest Active Topics |

26 Pages «<2021222324>»
America Deserves an Actual Choice! Options
stevelundgren
#421 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2018 4:46:14 PM

It's the timing of the accusations. Why now? Why come forward now? One hundred percent politics.

And this reeks of Clinton gangster mob tactics. The accuser has probably been blackmailed, or taken advantage of somehow.

And let's put you in the spot to answer for your extramarital affairs. See how composed you are. No big deal, right?
Why couldn't you remain calm while we tell the whole world what a monster you are? All the horrible things you have done.
You don't really expect us to believe that you are innocent, do you? We have witnesses to bring. You are so busted.
Now remain calm and answer your accusers. It's only for an hour. No biggie.

Those people are zealous to win you over,
but for no good. What they want is to alienate you from us,
so that you may have zeal for them. - Galatians 4:17
Intangible
#422 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2018 8:14:17 PM

Timing, why now? When did Kavanaugh get named as Trump's choice for SCOTUS? Ford is not interested in bringing criminal charges now or then, she came out now when he was named. She has made it an issue in the past, but she never sought prosecution then or now. She was willing to leave it in the past until Trump named him for the highest court with a life-time appointment.

As I stated previously, you accept Kavanaugh's wild accusations of conspiracy, his attacks on the Clintons, the media and democrats as a whole. I find it ironic that he should accuse the Clintons of any sort of conspiracy.

Kavanaugh was part of Ken Starr's legal team investigating the Clintons life in Arkansas. It was Kavanaugh that insisted on Bill Clinton naming lurid details of his sexual encounters with Monica. Kavanaugh has personally attacked the Clintons for decades and was the leaker in chief for all the leaks in the Starr investigation. Kavanaugh has made a career of his Clinton vendetta, NOT the other way around as he would have you believe.

No one asked about "extramarital" affairs. This has concentrated on Kavanaugh's early adulthood, long before he was married. During his questioning, he snarled and even turned his questions back to the Senator. He was obviously belligerent and openly hostile to those asking questions. Is this the type of behavior he finds acceptable in a hearing?

Plus, his snarling statement was prepared and written the day before. He had all the time in the world to compose something without the sneering and wild conspiracy theories. We aren't talking about some part time judge in a small town, this is the highest seat in the legal land, a lifetime appointment.

And again..... I am not running for anything, Kavanaugh is asking to be placed into the most important legal court, this demands careful and complete consideration of the candidate.

stevelundgren wrote:
It's the timing of the accusations. Why now? Why come forward now? One hundred percent politics.

And this reeks of Clinton gangster mob tactics. The accuser has probably been blackmailed, or taken advantage of somehow.

And let's put you in the spot to answer for your extramarital affairs. See how composed you are. No big deal, right?
Why couldn't you remain calm while we tell the whole world what a monster you are? All the horrible things you have done.
You don't really expect us to believe that you are innocent, do you? We have witnesses to bring. You are so busted.
Now remain calm and answer your accusers. It's only for an hour. No biggie.

It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office.

H. L. Mencken

stevelundgren
#423 Posted : Monday, October 01, 2018 4:44:11 PM

The topic originator isn't interested, but I invite other readers (both of you), to view the
two part documentary series titled The Clinton Chronicles. A real eye-opener.

The Clintons behind the current happenings? Quite likely.

Those people are zealous to win you over,
but for no good. What they want is to alienate you from us,
so that you may have zeal for them. - Galatians 4:17
Intangible
#424 Posted : Tuesday, October 02, 2018 8:19:35 PM

Trump says he 'fell in love'

Trump says he and North Korea's Kim Jong Un 'fell in love.' Here's how the GOP responded.

Unlike Trump, the GOP has been quite clear about how it feels about Kim Jong Un's nuclear ambitions — that is, until recently.

Oct.01.2018 / 1:05 PM EDT

Nothing illustrates the hypocrisy of the Republican Party during the era of Donald Trump more than their willingness to give the president a complete pass on his bizarre statements about North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un.

Speaking at a rally on Saturday night in West Virginia, Trump revealed that he had “fell in love” with the very man Republicans labeled a “nut job” and a “lunatic” just a few years ago. “I was really being tough and so was he. And we would go back and forth. And then we fell in love, ok? No really. He wrote me beautiful letters. And they’re great letters. And then we fell in love.”

And yet, while Republicans were all too willing to attack Obama’s approach to dealing with North Korea, they have been predictably silent as Trump speaks lovingly — literally — about the North Korean leader.
It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office.

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#425 Posted : Saturday, October 06, 2018 7:57:04 PM

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#426 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 5:43:21 PM

Dow Plummets

Dow plummets 830 points in worst drop since February

Stocks sank Wednesday as a steep decline in tech shares and worries of rapidly rising rates sent Wall Street through its worst day in months.

The Dow closed 831 points lower as Intel and Microsoft fell more than 3.5 percent each. The Nasdaq plummeted more than 4 percent.

The S&P 500 dropped 3.3 percent, with the tech sector underperforming. The broad index also posted a five-day losing streak — its longest since November 2016 — and fell below its 50-day and 100-day moving averages, widely followed technical levels.

Both the Dow and S&P 500 posted their biggest one-day drops since early February, while the Nasdaq notched its largest single day sell-off since June 24, 2016.

Stocks have fallen sharply this month. For October, the S&P 500 and the Dow are down more than 4.4 percent and 3.3 percent, respectively. The Nasdaq has lost more than 7.5 percent.

Rising rate fears and a pivot out of technology stocks have made it a rough last few days. The Dow has dropped in four of the past five sessions, losing nearly 900 points over that span.

Shares of Amazon declined more than 6 percent Wednesday, while Netflix slid more than 8 percent. Facebook and Apple also fell more than 4 percent each. These stocks are top performers for the year and for most of the bull market. For the overall tech sector in the S&P 500, it was the worst day in seven years.

"People are getting out of the high-flying tech names right now," said Larry Benedict, CEO of The Opportunistic Trader. "I think people are under-hedged; there could be more pain ahead."

Stocks also fell as their European counterparts dropped on worries over Italy's budget. The Stoxx 600 index fell 1.6 percent, while the German Dax dropped 2.2 percent. France's CAC 40, meanwhile, pulled back 2.1 percent.

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#427 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2018 9:51:36 PM

Dow continues the plunge. For EVERY nasty thing Trump has accused Obama and others, Trump has done the same thing or worse! By Trump's own standards, Trump has no business anywhere near the White House.

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#428 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 8:13:38 PM

This sounds fair....

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#429 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2018 6:52:20 PM

It is time for The People to rise up and be represented fairly, vote out most of Congress.....

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#430 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2018 9:35:24 PM

Trump is too stupid to realize he cannot change the US Constitution with an Executive Order! Apparently Graham is just as ignorant.

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#431 Posted : Saturday, November 03, 2018 7:26:18 PM

In the past, Obama was attacked for spending too much money on travel and family. Well Trump has already eclipsed Obama's eight years.

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#432 Posted : Monday, November 05, 2018 6:37:52 PM

If it walks like a duck and it quacks luck a duck, you can be pretty certain....

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#433 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2018 8:49:16 PM

Both parties are NOT the same!

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#434 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2018 5:23:08 PM

Trump has never "honored" our troops!

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#435 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2018 10:45:08 PM

Good for the goose, good for the gander.....

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#436 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2018 8:37:53 PM

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#437 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2018 10:12:10 PM

Mexico Agrees to Pay for Trumps Psychiatric Care

Mexico Agrees to Pay for Trump’s Psychiatric Care

By Andy Borowitz ~ April 5, 2018

MEXICO CITY (The Borowitz Report)—Hoping to resolve the seemingly intractable conflict over immigration, Mexico surprised the world on Thursday by agreeing to pay for Donald J. Trump’s psychiatric care.

Speaking to reporters, the Mexican President, Enrique Peña Nieto, said that he had authorized funding for the psychiatry and proclaimed, “Work on Donald Trump could begin tomorrow.”

Peña Nieto displayed several photographs showing prototypes of therapists, including a bearded Freudian analyst who he said came highly recommended.

While some Mexican taxpayers argued that a full course of psychiatric treatment could prove more costly than a border wall, Peña Nieto warned against skimping on such a necessary expense.

“When the safety and security of the world is at stake, eight hundred dollars an hour is a bargain,” he said, but added that Mexico would try to find a therapist who takes insurance.

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#438 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2018 7:24:02 PM

Cohen blows Trump's lies about no connection to Russia!

Putin was to get penthouse in Trump Tower

Trump Organization planned to give Putin penthouse in Moscow tower: report

The Trump Organization planned to give a $50 million penthouse in the planned Trump Tower Moscow to President Vladimir Putin while the company was in negotiations in 2016 to build the development, four people familiar with the matter told Buzzfeed News.

Michael Cohen, President Trump's former lawyer and fixer, discussed the idea with Putin Press Secretary Dmitry Peskov, two U.S. law enforcement officials told Buzzfeed.

The Trump Organization did not immediately respond to a request for comment from The Hill.

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#439 Posted : Sunday, December 02, 2018 6:30:35 PM

After the first couple billion dollars, just how much more does any human require? They expect their employees to live off a few thousand dollars, while they can't seem to exist without at least 30 billion in the bank!

Corporate welfare. A responsible employer pays a living wage rather than rely on tax payers to make up the difference through social programs. No full time employee should need to rely on social programs just to put food on the table.

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#440 Posted : Wednesday, December 05, 2018 12:16:42 AM

H. L. Mencken

26 Pages «<2021222324>»