Home  •  Forum  •  Blogs  •  E-Mail  •  Support Categories
MyBasicISP Categories Finance Travel Real Estate Games Autos Entertainment
Welcome Guest Active Topics |

6 Pages 123>»
Social Security Options
Intangible
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2015 5:06:31 PM

It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office.

H. L. Mencken

Sponsor  

Intangible
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 12, 2015 7:11:13 PM

These CEOs average retirement income is $88,000 per month yet their recommendation is to CUT the average monthly income for seniors to LESS than $1,250 per month. Vote for ANY Republican and they WILL cut Social Security!

It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office.

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#3 Posted : Friday, August 14, 2015 2:30:06 PM

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2015 3:32:11 PM

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#5 Posted : Monday, August 24, 2015 6:56:09 PM

The Stock Market Drop Exposes The Dangers Of Privatizing Social Security

Social Security “was supposed to be money you could count on and be sure it’s there. If it’s in the market or substantial portions are in the market, you run a really big risk of retiring at a time when it’s not there.”

That may have driven home an aversion to the idea of fundamentally changing Social Security. “The last stock market plunge in 2008 actually was the nail in the coffin of the idea of privatization,” Morrissey said. “It became very visceral for all the people who lost a huge amount of money in 401kiss plans.” But Republicans still seem intent on bringing the issue back to life.

The stock market continued a period of volatility on Monday. Media reports sounded the alarm as the DOW opened 1,000 points down and other indexes took huge hits, only to climb back up a bit later in the day. While that performance, which had some people calling it black Monday, may have knocked a good deal of money out of people’s 401kiss retirement accounts, Social Security benefits remain by and large untouched by such fluctuations.

Some Republicans, however, are interested in changing that.

In June, presidential candidate Jeb Bush said that he thinks the next president will have to try to privatize Social Security. Others have gotten behind the idea as well: Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) drafted a plan in 2013 that included partial privatization, and Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) is in favor of using private accounts. Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) has included privatization in his budget blueprints.

The market drop, and ones before, expose the dangers of such a plan, which usually entails diverting some or all of the money workers contribute to Social Security through their paychecks into private investment accounts. That would put individuals in charge of making smart enough investment choices in the market to make big enough returns to support themselves in retirement.

On a larger level, putting people’s Social Security contributions into private accounts makes them far more exposed to the irrationality of the market. “What’s beautiful about Social Security is that in the long the return workers get on contributions is linked to productivity growth and wage growth,” said Monique Morrissey, an economist at the Economic Policy Institute. “Whereas markets are notoriously volatile and often behave in ways that are not based on the fundamental strength and weakness of the economy.”

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#6 Posted : Wednesday, August 26, 2015 5:30:00 PM

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#7 Posted : Monday, August 31, 2015 9:39:33 PM

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#8 Posted : Monday, October 12, 2015 8:06:21 PM

Bernie Sanders on the future of Social Security....

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#9 Posted : Thursday, October 15, 2015 3:23:38 PM

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#10 Posted : Friday, October 30, 2015 7:49:37 PM

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#11 Posted : Saturday, November 07, 2015 4:47:13 PM

Social Security is NOT funded with Federal tax dollars!

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#12 Posted : Thursday, December 17, 2015 7:17:54 PM

H. L. Mencken

sonny35
#13 Posted : Friday, December 18, 2015 9:14:28 AM

Intangible wrote:

With all the support the gov. gives the illegal aliens, food, shelter, schooling, etc. there is no money left for a SS raise.

Intangible
#14 Posted : Friday, December 18, 2015 10:40:33 PM

sonny35 wrote:
Intangible wrote:

With all the support the gov. gives the illegal aliens, food, shelter, schooling, etc. there is no money left for a SS raise.

The money spent on illegals is a drop in the bucket compared to the trillion dollars given to Wall Street! You complain about a few billion but never a peep about trillions to the rich.... just like you strain a gnat but swallow a camel and worry about a speck of dust while you have a timber in your own eye.

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#15 Posted : Monday, December 21, 2015 10:41:21 PM

sonny35 wrote:

H. L. Mencken

sonny35
#16 Posted : Tuesday, December 22, 2015 3:16:49 PM

Intangible wrote:
sonny35 wrote:

You are ill informed "I" According to the CRS Report back in 2011 $1.03 TRILLION was spent on 83 overlapping federal welfare programs which represented the single largest budget item and Obama has added MUCH MORE during his continuing reign, something like 45 mil. more folks added on the food stamp program and who can even guess how much $ on the illegals.

All the Dem's do is keep adding people to their welfare programs to keep adding to their voting base and it is going to drive this nation into bankruptcy soon.

Intangible
#17 Posted : Tuesday, December 22, 2015 4:53:15 PM

sonny35 wrote:

You are ill informed "I" According to the CRS Report back in 2011 $1.03 TRILLION was spent on 83 overlapping federal welfare programs which represented the single largest budget item and Obama has added MUCH MORE during his continuing reign, something like 45 mil. more folks added on the food stamp program and who can even guess how much $ on the illegals.

All the Dem's do is keep adding people to their welfare programs to keep adding to their voting base and it is going to drive this nation into bankruptcy soon.

What are the 83 individual programs and what taxes paid for them all? The programs certainly cover more than just actual welfare. Actual welfare outlay has steadily declined as a percentage of the overall budget from 14% to 10% since 2010.

Social Security is paid by deductions specifically meant for Social Security and Medicare. These programs by themselves make up close to 1/3 of the budget, but they are also one of the largest sources of revenue.

The first chart shows the federal budget outlays, the second chart shows the federal budget revenue. These charts are from
http://www.usgovernmentr...total_revenue_pie_chart.

H. L. Mencken

sonny35
#18 Posted : Tuesday, December 22, 2015 10:04:39 PM

Intangible wrote:
sonny35 wrote:

What are the 83 individual programs and what taxes paid for them all? The programs certainly cover more than just actual welfare. Actual welfare outlay has steadily declined as a percentage of the overall budget from 14% to 10% since 2010.

Social Security is paid by deductions specifically meant for Social Security and Medicare. These programs by themselves make up close to 1/3 of the budget, but they are also one of the largest sources of revenue.

The first chart shows the federal budget outlays, the second chart shows the federal budget revenue. These charts are from

SS was started in 1935 and by 1937 the gov was paying interest of 1+ million already on the money they had taken from the SS account so "DID YOU KNOW?" Yes, nothing new there. What other great revelations do you have for us? (I can hardly wait)RollEyes

Intangible
#19 Posted : Tuesday, December 22, 2015 10:30:07 PM

sonny35 wrote:
Intangible wrote:
sonny35 wrote:

SS was started in 1935 and by 1937 the gov was paying interest of 1+ million already on the money they had taken from the SS account so "DID YOU KNOW?" Yes, nothing new there. What other great revelations do you have for us? (I can hardly wait)RollEyes

Right, just like you said.... "the money they had taken from the SS account." The Social Security deductions have always been far higher than the pay out until very recently. The government has dipped it's hand into the till for quite some time, so where is the news, just what is your point in stating the obvious?

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#20 Posted : Friday, December 25, 2015 4:06:35 PM

The costs of Social Security and Medicare is not a problem. What IS a problem is the fraud committed at so many hospitals and doctors offices!

Whistleblower Lawsuit, 32 More Hospitals, Medicare Fraud and 28 Million Dollars

http://www.itakelibertyw...coffee.com/2015/12/4659/

H. L. Mencken

6 Pages 123>»