Home  •  Forum  •  Blogs  •  E-Mail  •  Support Categories
MyBasicISP Categories Finance Travel Real Estate Games Autos Entertainment
Welcome Guest Active Topics |

8 Pages 123>»
Obama - for better or worse Options
Intangible
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 02, 2015 6:31:38 PM
Rank: Advanced Member



Joined: 1/4/2010
Posts: 10,101
Location: on a hill in the hollow
Cop Killings Are Way Down


Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke told Fox News yesterday, "President Obama has breathed life into this ugly movement," meaning Black Lives Matter and the "war on cops" Clarke says the president is at least partly responsible for.

This is part of a larger narrative in right-wing media that cop killings are increasing due to Obama's tacit support for anti-cop activist groups and failure to condemn those who attack or kill police officers.

There's only one problem with the narrative: Cop killings are way down during Obama's presidency and on pace this year for the lowest annual total this century.


I'm basing this on the records provided on the Officer Down Memorial Page, which keeps a record of the cops killed in the line of duty, along with the causes of death. The site keeps track of all officer deaths, including those by heart attack, motorcycle accident and other non-homicidal causes, along with intentional homicides like gunfire and stabbing.

Using all of the categories which can be assumed intentional homicide (gunfire, vehicular assault and all other assaults, including stabbing), there have been far less intentional homicides of cops during Obama's presidency than during Bush's.

For the first six years of Bush's presidency (2001-2006), the total number of cops intentionally murdered was 426. This doesn't count 911-related deaths, which would obviously skew Bush's number higher. During the first six years of Obama's presidency, the total number of cops intentionally murdered was 382. That's a 10 percent drop.

In the seventh year of Bush's presidency, there were 77 cop killings, by our definition. So far this year, Obama's seventh in office, there have been 35. Statistically speaking, we're on pace for a total of 52 in 2015, which would be the lowest total in this century.

Obviously, the goal in any year, no matter who is president, is zero. It's uncomfortable to even say "statistically speaking" when you're talking about people being brutally murdered.

But what the president says or doesn't say probably has no impact on the number of cops murdered in any given year. If it does, far less cops are being killed during Obama's presidency than during Bush's. If we're going to keep the downtrend going, we need to look at the real causes of this problem and not get distracted by those who politicize it.

It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office.

H. L. Mencken



Sponsor  
 
Intangible
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 16, 2015 8:22:59 PM
Rank: Advanced Member



Joined: 1/4/2010
Posts: 10,101
Location: on a hill in the hollow
It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office.

H. L. Mencken



Intangible
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2015 9:03:14 PM
Rank: Advanced Member



Joined: 1/4/2010
Posts: 10,101
Location: on a hill in the hollow
It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office.

H. L. Mencken



Intangible
#4 Posted : Sunday, September 20, 2015 3:39:18 PM
Rank: Advanced Member



Joined: 1/4/2010
Posts: 10,101
Location: on a hill in the hollow
It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office.

H. L. Mencken



Intangible
#5 Posted : Monday, September 21, 2015 6:03:58 PM
Rank: Advanced Member



Joined: 1/4/2010
Posts: 10,101
Location: on a hill in the hollow
It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office.

H. L. Mencken



TheCatsMeow
#6 Posted : Tuesday, September 22, 2015 9:13:03 PM
Rank: Advanced Member


Joined: 7/1/2008
Posts: 220,310



Intangible
#7 Posted : Wednesday, September 23, 2015 5:43:29 PM
Rank: Advanced Member



Joined: 1/4/2010
Posts: 10,101
Location: on a hill in the hollow
It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office.

H. L. Mencken



Intangible
#8 Posted : Sunday, September 27, 2015 12:58:41 PM
Rank: Advanced Member



Joined: 1/4/2010
Posts: 10,101
Location: on a hill in the hollow
It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office.

H. L. Mencken



TheCatsMeow
#9 Posted : Sunday, September 27, 2015 5:25:27 PM
Rank: Advanced Member


Joined: 7/1/2008
Posts: 220,310
Intangible wrote:


AND YOU FOLLOW HIM?
Intangible
#10 Posted : Sunday, September 27, 2015 7:53:00 PM
Rank: Advanced Member



Joined: 1/4/2010
Posts: 10,101
Location: on a hill in the hollow
TheCatsMeow wrote:
Intangible wrote:


AND YOU FOLLOW HIM?




That totally depends on what you mean by follow. If I was in the military I would be required to follow him as Commander in Chief. I voted for him, but I don't take directions from him nor do I agree with all he has to say or all that he has done. So I don't really follow him, I just agree with some of what he has said and done.

The primary reason I posted that particular picture is for those that still think he is a Muslim. Muslims do not drink alcohol, they don't even touch pork let alone eat it, generally they don't shave, they do not believe woman are equal to men and they certainly do not accept homosexuals...... in all these ways Obama would be a failure as a Muslim.
It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office.

H. L. Mencken



TheCatsMeow
#11 Posted : Sunday, September 27, 2015 8:18:56 PM
Rank: Advanced Member


Joined: 7/1/2008
Posts: 220,310
I believe people who believe he is a Muslim believe that his actions speak louder then his words.

Who will stand up for the unborn fetus if we don't?

Who will stand up for Gods word if we don't fight against the atrocities of the world such as homosexuality and a zillion other things that are prevalent in our world today? So much evil exists because we have become lenient of most worldly thoughts and actions.

Who will stand up for God........in this world today if not us?

The world today say's ACCEPT IT and the majority does.

On another matter. The dems used to stand for the poor and down trodden the less fortunate and the list goes on and in my opinion we lost that a long time ago.
Intangible
#12 Posted : Sunday, September 27, 2015 11:05:24 PM
Rank: Advanced Member



Joined: 1/4/2010
Posts: 10,101
Location: on a hill in the hollow
TheCatsMeow wrote:
I believe people who believe he is a Muslim believe that his actions speak louder then his words.

Who will stand up for the unborn fetus if we don't?

Who will stand up for Gods word if we don't fight against the atrocities of the world such as homosexuality and a zillion other things that are prevalent in our world today? So much evil exists because we have become lenient of most worldly thoughts and actions.

Who will stand up for God........in this world today if not us?

The world today say's ACCEPT IT and the majority does.

On another matter. The dems used to stand for the poor and down trodden the less fortunate and the list goes on and in my opinion we lost that a long time ago.




You don't believe Obama, but you do believe people that believe he is Muslim? His actions scream out against those that "believe" he is a Muslim no matter what the man himself states. Personally, I don't believe anyone that can't face the obvious facts.

I don't believe it is the duty of the POTUS to support any particular religious beliefs or doctrine. The SCOTUS long ago decided that the US Constitution does not prevent a woman from having an abortion. If a woman decides to have an abortion, I believe that decision is between her, her doctor and God.

I don't believe homosexuality is an "atrocity." I believe it is wrong but it is not cruel or violent or involuntarily afflicted upon individuals as the word "atrocity" would imply. It would be difficult to address "a zillion other things" without more specific information.

All God fearing people can stand up for their religious beliefs, no one is interfering with that right in this nation.

Between Democrat and Republican, I believe the Democrats still stand for the poor and less fortunate to some extent. However, I believe that no one that attains the social standing and notoriety required to successfully run for POTUS is truly altruistic and caring for all people..... some hide it better than others.

It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office.

H. L. Mencken



Intangible
#13 Posted : Saturday, October 03, 2015 3:33:38 AM
Rank: Advanced Member



Joined: 1/4/2010
Posts: 10,101
Location: on a hill in the hollow
It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office.

H. L. Mencken



sonny35
#14 Posted : Saturday, October 03, 2015 9:58:58 AM
Rank: Advanced Member


Joined: 7/1/2008
Posts: 220,310
Intangible wrote:
TheCatsMeow wrote:
I believe people who believe he is a Muslim believe that his actions speak louder then his words.

Who will stand up for the unborn fetus if we don't?

Who will stand up for Gods word if we don't fight against the atrocities of the world such as homosexuality and a zillion other things that are prevalent in our world today? So much evil exists because we have become lenient of most worldly thoughts and actions.

Who will stand up for God........in this world today if not us?

The world today say's ACCEPT IT and the majority does.

On another matter. The dems used to stand for the poor and down trodden the less fortunate and the list goes on and in my opinion we lost that a long time ago.




You don't believe Obama, but you do believe people that believe he is Muslim? His actions scream out against those that "believe" he is a Muslim no matter what the man himself states. Personally, I don't believe anyone that can't face the obvious facts.

I don't believe it is the duty of the POTUS to support any particular religious beliefs or doctrine. The SCOTUS long ago decided that the US Constitution does not prevent a woman from having an abortion. If a woman decides to have an abortion, I believe that decision is between her, her doctor and God.

I don't believe homosexuality is an "atrocity." I believe it is wrong but it is not cruel or violent or involuntarily afflicted upon individuals as the word "atrocity" would imply. It would be difficult to address "a zillion other things" without more specific information.

All God fearing people can stand up for their religious beliefs, no one is interfering with that right in this nation.

Between Democrat and Republican, I believe the Democrats still stand for the poor and less fortunate to some extent. However, I believe that no one that attains the social standing and notoriety required to successfully run for POTUS is truly altruistic and caring for all people..... some hide it better than others.




Homosexuality, not an "atrocity", it is an "abomination" to God! The destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah clearly shows what God thinks of homosexuality.

An abortion is a decision between her, her doctor and God? Why would you include God in deciding whether or not to kill a living human being?

Stand up for their religious beliefs, no one is interfering with that right? You claim that when the gov takes to court those who according to their beliefs refuse to pay for contraceptives or speak out against their tax money being spent on the killing of human lives?

You claim to be a Christian (Acts 5:29), do you speak out against those things? Or do you just pass it off as it is the law of the land and "go with the flow"?




TheCatsMeow
#15 Posted : Saturday, October 03, 2015 7:28:15 PM
Rank: Advanced Member


Joined: 7/1/2008
Posts: 220,310
"Homosexuality, not an "atrocity", it is an "abomination" to God! The destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah clearly shows what God thinks of homosexuality.

An abortion is a decision between her, her doctor and God? Why would you include God in deciding whether or not to kill a living human being?

Stand up for their religious beliefs, no one is interfering with that right? You claim that when the gov takes to court those who according to their beliefs refuse to pay for contraceptives or speak out against their tax money being spent on the killing of human lives?

You claim to be a Christian (Acts 5:29), do you speak out against those things? Or do you just pass it off as it is the law of the land and "go with the flow"?"

Wow Sonny, this is your absolute best post. Are you sure this is you?Smile No name calling or slamming and your points were well stated and to the point, right out of an authors book. I am so impressed and Gods word (abomination) is much better than mine.Laugh HAPPY SABBATH!ThumpUp
Intangible
#16 Posted : Saturday, October 03, 2015 8:40:38 PM
Rank: Advanced Member



Joined: 1/4/2010
Posts: 10,101
Location: on a hill in the hollow
sonny35 wrote:
Intangible wrote:
You don't believe Obama, but you do believe people that believe he is Muslim? His actions scream out against those that "believe" he is a Muslim no matter what the man himself states. Personally, I don't believe anyone that can't face the obvious facts.

I don't believe it is the duty of the POTUS to support any particular religious beliefs or doctrine. The SCOTUS long ago decided that the US Constitution does not prevent a woman from having an abortion. If a woman decides to have an abortion, I believe that decision is between her, her doctor and God.

I don't believe homosexuality is an "atrocity." I believe it is wrong but it is not cruel or violent or involuntarily afflicted upon individuals as the word "atrocity" would imply. It would be difficult to address "a zillion other things" without more specific information.

All God fearing people can stand up for their religious beliefs, no one is interfering with that right in this nation.

Between Democrat and Republican, I believe the Democrats still stand for the poor and less fortunate to some extent. However, I believe that no one that attains the social standing and notoriety required to successfully run for POTUS is truly altruistic and caring for all people..... some hide it better than others.




Homosexuality, not an "atrocity", it is an "abomination" to God! The destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah clearly shows what God thinks of homosexuality.

An abortion is a decision between her, her doctor and God? Why would you include God in deciding whether or not to kill a living human being?

Stand up for their religious beliefs, no one is interfering with that right? You claim that when the gov takes to court those who according to their beliefs refuse to pay for contraceptives or speak out against their tax money being spent on the killing of human lives?

You claim to be a Christian (Acts 5:29), do you speak out against those things? Or do you just pass it off as it is the law of the land and "go with the flow"?





I agree, homosexuality is not an "atrocity," but it is an "abomination" according to the Holy Bible. I don't think you actually meant to point out that the specific word "atrocity" is not really fitting, but "abomination" is a fitting term found in the Holy Bible.

In the case of abortions, a woman has to weigh her own conscience, her sins are between her and God. The doctor that performs an abortion must weigh his own conscience, his sins are a matter between the doctor and God. Neither one has broken a law of man if done within the law.

No one is interfering with the exercise or expression of religious beliefs in this nation. No one is being prevented from speaking out against how their tax money is spent. You can read about the free exercise of religion every day, nothing is being suppressed, the interaction is available to all that are interested.

Since you don't cite any specific examples I can only guess that you are talking about the Hobby Lobby case. The case was about the relationship of the employer with the employee and the terms of a work contract. The owners of the company tried to claim it was their religious right to refuse certain specific medications and procedures for the female employees based solely on the religious belief of that employer. No one was taken to court in an effort to suppress an individual's religious belief, it was always more of a question of the corporation's religious belief. Can a corporation deny certain medications and procedures based on the religious belief of some of the share holders?

I have "spoken out" on this forum and on this particular subject often. I don't believe man's laws should be based on any specific religious texts or doctrines. The SCOTUS has determined that the US Constitution does not specifically ban abortion some four decades ago and woman have been legally able to get an abortion within certain criteria specified in law. It has nothing to do with "going with the flow" and everything to do with accepting the fact that it is written into laws of men.
It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office.

H. L. Mencken



sonny35
#17 Posted : Saturday, October 03, 2015 9:00:49 PM
Rank: Advanced Member


Joined: 7/1/2008
Posts: 220,310
Intangible wrote:
sonny35 wrote:
Intangible wrote:
You don't believe Obama, but you do believe people that believe he is Muslim? His actions scream out against those that "believe" he is a Muslim no matter what the man himself states. Personally, I don't believe anyone that can't face the obvious facts.

I don't believe it is the duty of the POTUS to support any particular religious beliefs or doctrine. The SCOTUS long ago decided that the US Constitution does not prevent a woman from having an abortion. If a woman decides to have an abortion, I believe that decision is between her, her doctor and God.

I don't believe homosexuality is an "atrocity." I believe it is wrong but it is not cruel or violent or involuntarily afflicted upon individuals as the word "atrocity" would imply. It would be difficult to address "a zillion other things" without more specific information.

All God fearing people can stand up for their religious beliefs, no one is interfering with that right in this nation.

Between Democrat and Republican, I believe the Democrats still stand for the poor and less fortunate to some extent. However, I believe that no one that attains the social standing and notoriety required to successfully run for POTUS is truly altruistic and caring for all people..... some hide it better than others.




Homosexuality, not an "atrocity", it is an "abomination" to God! The destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah clearly shows what God thinks of homosexuality.

An abortion is a decision between her, her doctor and God? Why would you include God in deciding whether or not to kill a living human being?

Stand up for their religious beliefs, no one is interfering with that right? You claim that when the gov takes to court those who according to their beliefs refuse to pay for contraceptives or speak out against their tax money being spent on the killing of human lives?

You claim to be a Christian (Acts 5:29), do you speak out against those things? Or do you just pass it off as it is the law of the land and "go with the flow"?





I agree, homosexuality is not an "atrocity," but it is an "abomination" according to the Holy Bible. I don't think you actually meant to point out that the specific word "atrocity" is not really fitting, but "abomination" is a fitting term found in the Holy Bible.

In the case of abortions, a woman has to weigh her own conscience, her sins are between her and God. The doctor that performs an abortion must weigh his own conscience, his sins are a matter between the doctor and God. Neither one has broken a law of man if done within the law.

No one is interfering with the exercise or expression of religious beliefs in this nation. No one is being prevented from speaking out against how their tax money is spent. You can read about the free exercise of religion every day, nothing is being suppressed, the interaction is available to all that are interested.

Since you don't cite any specific examples I can only guess that you are talking about the Hobby Lobby case. The case was about the relationship of the employer with the employee and the terms of a work contract. The owners of the company tried to claim it was their religious right to refuse certain specific medications and procedures for the female employees based solely on the religious belief of that employer. No one was taken to court in an effort to suppress an individual's religious belief, it was always more of a question of the corporation's religious belief. Can a corporation deny certain medications and procedures based on the religious belief of some of the share holders?

I have "spoken out" on this forum and on this particular subject often. I don't believe man's laws should be based on any specific religious texts or doctrines. The SCOTUS has determined that the US Constitution does not specifically ban abortion some four decades ago and woman have been legally able to get an abortion within certain criteria specified in law. It has nothing to do with "going with the flow" and everything to do with accepting the fact that it is written into laws of men.


"Can a corporation deny certain medications and procedures based on the religious belief of some of the share holders?

If the largest percentage of the stock is owned by them and they are allowed to practice their freedom of religion, YES!

The way you sound you would follow ANY law passed by your SCOTUS no matter what it was and God's Law is secondary to SCOTUS law.ThumbDown



Intangible
#18 Posted : Monday, October 12, 2015 10:07:57 PM
Rank: Advanced Member



Joined: 1/4/2010
Posts: 10,101
Location: on a hill in the hollow
It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office.

H. L. Mencken



Intangible
#19 Posted : Friday, October 16, 2015 5:04:34 PM
Rank: Advanced Member



Joined: 1/4/2010
Posts: 10,101
Location: on a hill in the hollow
U.S. Budget Deficit is at 8 year low

Contrary to the hysteria of the extreme right media, the US budget deficit has NOT been growing, but rather shrinking over the past several years. I have no idea why the left wing media is not challenging the claims of the extreme right media, but the fact is that the US budget has NOT been ballooning out of control. The deficit has, in fact, shrunk since peaking in 2009.

I have not watched the video, but I have read the article....






It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office.

H. L. Mencken



sonny35
#20 Posted : Saturday, October 17, 2015 11:50:27 AM
Rank: Advanced Member


Joined: 7/1/2008
Posts: 220,310
Intangible wrote:
U.S. Budget Deficit is at 8 year low

Contrary to the hysteria of the extreme right media, the US budget deficit has NOT been growing, but rather shrinking over the past several years. I have no idea why the left wing media is not challenging the claims of the extreme right media, but the fact is that the US budget has NOT been ballooning out of control. The deficit has, in fact, shrunk since peaking in 2009.

I have not watched the video, but I have read the article....








How about the National debt under Obama and the lefty party?



8 Pages 123>»
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

YAF_Basic Theme Modified from a Jaben Cargman theme (Tiny Gecko)
Powered by YAF | YAF © 2003-2009, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.675 seconds.