Home  •  Forum  •  Blogs  •  E-Mail  •  Support Categories
MyBasicISP Categories Finance Travel Real Estate Games Autos Entertainment
Welcome Guest Active Topics |

8 Pages «<45678>
In MY Opinion Options
RBKay
#101 Posted : Wednesday, October 11, 2017 11:03:11 AM

Greetings to everyone.

This pict is late as I got it from one of the team members.

While on our mission trip, we were taken out to eat Fri. nite and went to this place.

They were suppose to have lizard on the menu but they do not get that much each Fri. and by the time we got there the supply was gone so I did not get to taste it. The locals know this and get there early and scoff it all up.

The only thing in the garden yet are peppers 'Hot and Reg' we have so many all are going to the bread ministry and the people are taking them.

Most if our outside work is done, what is left should not be that time consuming to finish.

No one can do everything and no one can do nothing.
but everyone should do something for someone, sometime.

RBKay
#102 Posted : Monday, November 13, 2017 3:11:09 PM

Greetings to everyone

I hope all have a good Thanksgiving and we know all are gifts from our Heavenly Father.

No, we are not cooking this year, we are taking about 10 people out to a Thanksgiving Buffet for dinner.

We are still getting our GGD one to three days a week, we have a ball with her but at our age she wears us out.

We had our yearly chili cook-off and pie contest 2 weeks ago and had quite a few people there. We were at the Rest. Whse to get packaging for the Thanksgiving meal we ( church ) makes for the needy.

Our outside work is done except to mow the dropping leaves on the front yard, I mow/blow them off the grass to the mulch area along the road and they help the mulch with the weeds during the summer, maybe one or two times yet, all the summer equipment is in storage or about to go in storage. The winter equipment is ready for the snow ( “ I hope “ ). I hope the equipment is ready not I hope for snow.

Our temps at night are down to the mid 20’s a little to soon for those temps but “ “ we are suppose to have a mild winter “ “, time will tell.

We have a lot of activity going on at church and our bread ministry is going good.

We still want a construction job done this year if the weather cooperates; hoping.

We are still doing work inside and are about 1/2 done, but there is no hurry and are doing it in spare time.

RBKay
#103 Posted : Monday, November 27, 2017 11:22:45 AM

Greetings to everyone and hope all had a blessed Thanksgiving.

We had a fab Thanksgiving Dinner and there was no preparation or clean-up.
Everyone ate their full.

The wind storm brought down or broke 3 more trees last week, we have about 1/2 of it cleaned up.
With the activities last week we are behind on it.

The wind took most of the leaves off the trees and also blew them off the yard. Applause Applause Applause
I took the battery out of the riding mower as the wind blew the leaves away so it is up for the winter.

We were out on Black Friday and got some gifts but just had fun and another enjoyable dinner.

The Thanksgiving meal we ( church ) made for the needy. turned out to be for 130 and had lots of food with left overs so the workers each got a dinner also.

The temps have gotten a little warmer with a lot of sun for the sun room which heats the house. Applause Applause Applause

We had the GGD all day Sat. and had a ball with her. From week to week we can see changes in her and are literally watching her grow up.

We have not had time to get back on the inside work and probably won’t until after the new year. It does not matter, it is not a dire need and nothing is in the way.

A lot of activity at church until after the new year.

We got one of our trip catalogs and started looking at it for a possibility. The main catalog we won’t get for another month?

We can NEVER thank the Lord enough for what He is doing in our lives. Sometimes we feel a little overwhelmed but everything works out and we get accomplished what the Lord wants us to do. Thank You LORD.

RBKay
#104 Posted : Wednesday, December 06, 2017 12:09:36 PM

Greetings to everyone.

We are still working on the down trees when we get a little time, there was 5 we had to clean up. They are not going anywhere and are not causing a problem so there really is no rush. PS- just finished this morning.

Our weather has been above norm but is suppose to drop drastality this week.

We had the GGD a half day on last Wed. and all day Sat., she helped to make some cookie rolls that had to be refrigerated for a day before cutting into slices for cookies.

We had the ladies breakfast last Sat. morning and there was paint night Sat. evening, we had a good turn out for both.

We are starting the Christmas cookie baking this week and the restaurant store which we belong to ( mainly to buy for the church } but we buy for ourselves also; has a sale going on this week and we will get our lobster meat and a pork loin there. We run the loin thru a slicer and cut it up to suit ourselves.

We got the vacation catalogs and are going thru them to pick what we might want.

The outside construction is done and have a little clean-up which should not take long.

We are expecting 2 or 3 for dinner today so the rest of the day is shot.

RBKay
#105 Posted : Saturday, December 09, 2017 11:02:58 AM

Greetings to everyone.

Our weather people say that the average date for the first snow in our area is Dec. 6.

Today it is snowing———

TheCatsMeow
#106 Posted : Saturday, December 09, 2017 2:47:21 PM

WE NEED YOUR WEATHER MEN/WOMEN HERE. THEY PREDICT THE RAIN WHEN IT HITS THEM ON TOP OF THE HEAD.ThumbDown NO SNOW FOR ME PLEASE, AT 40 IT IS COLD ENOUGH FOR ME.Smile
MAKES IT TOUGH TO FIGURE OUT WHEN CLOTHES CAN BE WASHED AND HUNG OUT ON THE LINE. JUST THE OTHER DAY IT CAME DOWN ON MY CLOTHES HUNG ON THE LINE, TSK TSK TSK. FRUSTRATING!! AS SURE AS YOU WAIT FOR THEM AND SNEAK IN A WASH YOU CAN COUNT ON A RAIN.
RBKay
#107 Posted : Wednesday, December 13, 2017 11:47:34 AM

Greetings TMC

Hope you and yours are on the sunny side of the street. We are geting some rest from the activities that rule during the better weather, except for all the holidays.

WE NEED YOUR WEATHER MEN/WOMEN HERE. THEY PREDICT THE RAIN WHEN IT HITS THEM ON TOP OF THE HEAD. NO SNOW FOR ME PLEASE, AT 40 IT IS COLD ENOUGH FOR ME.
MAKES IT TOUGH TO FIGURE OUT WHEN CLOTHES CAN BE WASHED AND HUNG OUT ON THE LINE. JUST THE OTHER DAY IT CAME DOWN ON MY CLOTHES HUNG ON THE LINE, TSK TSK TSK. FRUSTRATING!! AS SURE AS YOU WAIT FOR THEM AND SNEAK IN A WASH YOU CAN COUNT ON A RAIN.

No; I don’t think you want our people.

That was an average day from records over how many years. Anyone could do it if they had the same info.

We have also been told that rain would start in 10 min. and we had no rain till the following week.

What job can you get and be wrong 90% of the time and still get paid for it?

The whole electonic info system is brain dead.

EX.
Sun. morning I booted up my tablet to check the weather and there was a notice that I am 10 min. from home.

At the time I was sitting on a chair in our living room. Duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Take a real look at FaceBook and you can see that it is only an outlet for narcissistic people.

Most likely the greatest percentage of our news is fake news.

Yes; we read it but most of it we do not trust. Just as a lot of the info posted on this forum is fake.

We just got notice we need to host a funeral fellowship luncheon for about 100 on Fri..

Greetings to everyone and I wish a very blessed Christmas to one and all.

RBKay
#108 Posted : Thursday, December 28, 2017 10:32:19 AM

Greetings to all and I hope all had a very blessed Christmas.

Days leading up to Christmas were very busy, we had Sunday service which was special then Christmas Eve services and the " bread ministry " then Christmas Day we had 7 people at the house. There were some missing for dinner due to various reasons. So we had another Christmas dinner yesterday for the ones missing, we had 8. So over the two dinners we celebrated with everyone.

Today we have the GGD all day and can't do much as she is under the weather.

Our weather is not pleasent to us as we will not get above freezing for at least 2 more weeks and lows to 0 deg or lower, We have had some snow but it was only a scraping on the driveway, we thank the Lord for that. This is not the weather we enjoy but we feel no matter where we would move to we would find something we did not like. On top of that we do not feel any direction from the Lord to move.

The outside construction is done but in spring we want some more work done. After the first of the year we hope to get back on the inside work that we are doing ourselves.

We are starting to get the seed catalogs which we will go thru to see if we want to plant anything different. We are probally in a rut planting the same things year in and year out. But the things we plant we know we like and we freeze and eat year round. Come planting time will tell if we find oueselves still in the rut or not.

Again I hope everyone had a Blessed Christmas and will have a better New Year than 2017 has been for you.

Happy Vew Year

RBKay
#109 Posted : Wednesday, January 10, 2018 10:24:58 AM

Greetings to all.

Today we are starting our cabbage seeds. Most of the plants we will get starter plants from an outlet about 50 miles from us but we will not be getting there for another month.

We still have not made any changes as to what all we will plant. The veggies from the freezer taste SOOOOOOO good at dinner over the winter.

We started the inside work yesterday and it will take a while as we will have about 2-3 hrs maybe 2 days a week to work on it. Again it is no problem as everything is out of the way and no dire rush to finish it.

Our temps for at least the last 2 weeks have been -15 to +20, yes cold; at least for us. We thank the LORD we did not get what Erie-Buffalo got. We had 3 snow falls so far but nothing over 5" so it all was just a scraping. Also some freezing rain and sleet but did not last long. Again we thank the LORD.

We had our GGD 3 days last week but this week we doubt we will get her at all.

We have a Church Mission Trip later this year and have picked out some trips we might take, we have to now make up our mind spreading them out over the summer.

Again I hope everyone had a Very Blessed Christmas and will have a very prosperous New Year.

RBKay
#110 Posted : Thursday, January 25, 2018 11:43:01 AM

Greetings to everyone.

Yes; we turned cold again, New Years night was the 3 coldest on record since the 1890’s

I have a two-piece shaft collar on my shepherd’s pole for the bird feeders to hold a squrrel baffle. At -18 the pole shrunk enougth and the weight of the baffle made it drop to the ground.

Looking forward the temps are suppose to rise.

It snowed enough that we did not run the Bread Ministry on last Wed the roads were a mess and no one showed up and there was no Wed nite Bible Study. First time for quite a while.

I had to clean the driveway 3 times due to the wind and drifting, even now it is about 1/4 across the driveway but with the predicted warm up I am hoping I won't have to do anything, the sun on the blacktop will warm it enough to melt it away.

Had the GGD all day Sat.--------

She is very serious when she is learning something. She is standing on a step stool to reach the counter.

We can't stop loving her.

RBKay
#111 Posted : Saturday, February 10, 2018 11:35:48 AM

Greetings to everyone. Hope all are making it thru this Winter OK

It snowed enough that we did not run the Bread Ministry last Wed and there was no Wed nite Bible Study. First time for quite a while.

I had to clean the driveway 3 times due to the wind and drifting, even now it is about 1/4 across the driveway but with the predicted warm up I am hoping I won’t have to do anything, the sun on the blacktop will warm it enough to melt it away.

This week we had 5” of snow then went right into sleet/rain and Thur. morn we had 3” of solid ice. The JD could not get under it and it would not break up. Thur. we had sone sun and about 1/2 of it melted, still can’t get the JD to get rid of it but good news is that there is a warm up comming and rain most of the day Sun. that should get rid of it all.

Had the GGD 3 days last week and had a ball with her. We also have her today.

We are about 2/3 done the inside work and hope to finish within a week or so..

The contractor was here to take measurements to start work as soon as weather permits.

We picked two trips and we want to get back to the Finger Lakes again. Along with the week mission trip we most likely will be over our months vacation time for this year.

The cabbage seeds are up about an inch. and look good. got our seeds that we will plant and won’t get to the plant place for about a month yet.

We at church are looking into getting a bus trip to Sight & Sound to see the show Jesus.

Had a great Christmas, New Year, a birthday for someone, now looking for a great dinner for Valentine’s Day, then another birthday comming up soon. THEN we will have to get started on getting things ready for the Summer.

Keeping busy and the days fly by, of course that means the day we are taken home is coming quicker. Glory Be—

Only had 2 trees down over the winter that we know of, we have not been around the perimeter of the property yet.

RBKay
#112 Posted : Saturday, February 24, 2018 11:17:33 AM

Greetings to everyone.

Our plants in our sunroom are growing nicely and hope to be able to plant them outside by the end of March or earlier.

We are done with our inside work and are pleased the way it turned out. The contracotr was here and got measurments and gave me an estimate, I accepted and told him to let me know when he wants to start.

When the weather gets better we need to get on the trees that came down druing the Winter.

Last Sat. we had 5” of snow and it ended during the night, I did not get the driveway cleaned so we did not get to church concerned about any ice under it which we miss very seldom. The Lord was gracious enought to melt it all by Mon. evening so I had nothing to do.

With our cabin fever we will be glad to be able to start outside work again.

We are getting our GGD 3 days a week and that alone keeps us on the go.

Our temps are getting up in the 40’s to 70’s but with a LOT of rain so the ground IS soggy.

RBKay
#113 Posted : Wednesday, March 07, 2018 10:13:20 AM

Greetings to everyone

Well we made it thru the nor-easter. Thanks to the Lord; He kept our home safe, we lost no power, we had winds to at least 50 mph but only burst the avg was about 35. We don’t know if any trees came down anywhere on the proplerty but so be it, The Lord kept our home safe.

We were out in it early Fri. morn. but it was becoming a white out so headed home. We have manual/auto in our car and on the way home it was the first time I used the manual, it worked great.

Now Sat mid morn. I started the clean up the snow but the Lord surprised us, with the wind the driveway was almost blown clean, we only had to scrape it and by days end the driveway was dry.

Count your blessing; name them one by one. Sorry we have received so many and so often there is no way we can do either. We just constantly thank the Lord for everything.

Watching the news it seems like this storm is braking records, we pray for the ones involved in this mess and wonder if a lot of them really needed to be in it.

It looks like another one is coming for a visit. We hope the Lord keeps His Hand upon us.

Today we are in the middle of our second one. They are calling for 12 to 16"'s of snow, I just came in from scraping the driveway there was no more than an 1"and that did not cover the whole drive and the snow fall is VERY light.

AGAIN thank you LORD.

The weather people are predicting another nor-easter the middle of next week.

We use to get nor-easter's VERY seldom but now 3 in 3 weeks. W O W!

RBKay
#114 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 11:57:06 AM

Greetings to everyone—

We just made it thru 3 nor-easters and again the LORD was gracious to us and we only had about 2"s so with 3 storms we might have had a total of 12"s. Our electric did not even blink.

AGAIN — Thank You LORD.

We have our GGD about 3-4 days a week and over Easter we will have her for 4 days in a row, guess she will be tired of us.

Mar 23 & 24 we have our yearly yard sale at church.
Mar 30 is our Easter egg for the kids.

Apr 1 we will be at sunrise service and the breakfast in our Fellowship Hall.

A lot of activity and we don't know how the GGD will take all this on the go

Apr 8 is Spring Council Meeting.
May 6 is our Love Feast.

YES — Spring is here.

RBKay
#115 Posted : Friday, March 30, 2018 12:05:27 PM

Greetings to everyone—

“YES — Spring is here”

Oops we just had our 4 nor-easter with at least 12” of snow and a lot of work cleaning up; about 75 cu.yds. But in time for the church yard sale..

The sale did not turn out very good with the weather.

So far we are probaly going to be the wettest March on record between the snow and rain.

Rain is forcast for the next 2 weeks for almost every day and we still have not started anything in the garden. We are a month late

It is getting pretty late for peas, spinich, radishes, and a few other things. Right now I have no idea when I will be able to till and get any thing planted..

It the Summer starts out like normal it will turn very hot right away and not to many Veggies like hot weather without constant watering.

We have the GGD for 4 days over Easter and can’t go outside with her, it’s to wet.

This afternoon we will take her over to the egg hunt and program for the children, everything will be in the Fellowship Hall as it is raining now.

I still have faith that Spring is coming.

RBKay
#116 Posted : Wednesday, April 04, 2018 10:12:25 AM

Greetings to everyone

Our GGD all dressed for early Easter service.

Yesterday we went to the movie to see " God's Not Dead " it was very good and I would recommend all to see it.
The church building is nothing except a place for God's people to meet and hear the word.

Last Sun. into Mon morning we had another 4" of snow with rain. it was slush and easy to move but the weather forecast is calling for more snow over the weekend.

We still have not done anything outside the ground is saturated almost floating.

I have not seen anything but the water table should be high.

RBKay
#117 Posted : Monday, April 09, 2018 10:39:26 AM

Greetings to everyone

We are still getting some snow and a lot of rain so we still have not done anything outside. Our storms have damaged the garden so we need to repair it before we start the planting.

Temps are running about 10 - 15 deg. below average.

The storms over the winter have brought quite a few trees down so we have a lot of clean up to do with them.

Having the GGD 2-3 days a week and Fri. is our day out for ourselves and Sunday we do not work does not give us much of a window to get a lot of work done. The GGD is a big help but around the JD and equipment I don't want to have to keep an eye on her.

I will take the JD out after lunch to see if I make ruts, if not, I will start cutting and moving some of the tree trash.

The church is having a photo directory in May. Its been about 10 years since the last one.

Our mission trip this year will be to N.C., we don’t know what we will be working on yet and maybe no until we get close to leaving.

What ever the Lord will see us thru.

RBKay
#118 Posted : Monday, April 30, 2018 11:42:02 AM

Greetings to everyone

Fri. we had 81 deg and had a fab day for ourselves.Sat. we had the GGD and we repaired the Garden fence and tilled it then we planted the starter plants and the GGD planted the peas and covered them.We are making a farmer girl out of her.

Then picked up branches along the road and cut up 2 fallen trees.

That was enough for the first day doing the first physical work for a few months. We hope to get into the labor easy not wanting to get sore and hurting.

We went inside to get a bit to eat and after eating the GGD went back to our bed for a nap. she was tired.

Now after the 81 deg on Wed we dropped back to the upper 30’s and middle 40’s with a lot more rain. This is a show stopper to accomplish anything else.

Does anyone know of a good gutter lite? I got 2 and mounted them and the lite is so dull it is useless.

Today is Wed and are preparing lunch, we only expect 5 today, on any given Wed. we feed 2 to 7 - 8. Between shopping and the Wed feeding we loose a day out of the week to do any outside work. We are not complaining but the outside looks like a disaster area we had a total of 8 trees down and at this point we still have 3 to clean up.and would like to get the clean up done

The contractor does not want to start due to the constant rain.
The temps are back to †he mid 40's and with the wind it is cold,I did the first front yard mowing today and last Sat. we got the delivery of our mulch and need to get the laid..

Whatever the Lord gives us we will work around it; it just might take longer to accomplish what we are hoping to do.

The GGD is a great help but at 3.5 she can't do that much but she sure tries.

RBKay
#119 Posted : Wednesday, May 16, 2018 10:07:49 AM

Greetings to everyone.

We finally got all the trees cut up and moved to our trash wood pile.

The mulch is half laid between the rains. which is almost every day.

We finally got the garden planted at least a month late and right now everything is up and looking good.

The celery we have cut some for a stew but still letting it grow.

We finally have made a complete mowing but it looked awful due to being so thick and getting a lousy cut and now the thatch has to be mowed up a few times to get rid it that.

The church had a work day last Sat.for clean up and mulching after our winter but the rains started and it could not be finished.

Two Sun's ago we had our Love Feast and Communion at church and had a pretty good turnout.

Last Tues. we had our pict. taken for our up coming pict church directory and no we did not break the camera.

RBKay
#120 Posted : Tuesday, June 19, 2018 1:22:13 PM

Greetings to everyone

I know it has been a while but a lot has happened since the last post.

With all the storms all over I hope all have been protected by the Lord.

Well rain everyday or at least everyother day, no maybe 5 days out of the week.

The rain is pushing the grass and weeds 3 to 5-6 inches a week and when we can mow I will probally have to bale it when the weather changes to Summer.

We still did not finish our spring work yet but some of the garden loves the water we are picking the radishes and the peas are starting to vine; the spinich is so-so as are the rest.

We just got our mulch laid between the rains.

The contractor still does not want to start our job due the the rain.

We had work day at church and had to do the work while it was raining enough the make it WET but we got it done. We are having another one in the Fall.

We still get the GGD about 4 days a week and we love it.

Our major trip has been cancelled by the tour company they did not have enought takers. This is the second year we are not able to get back to Canada. The Lord is stopping us for some reason which we do not know.

I guess it will all happen when the Lord wants it to.

We had our picts taken as families for the new church directory. We got the picts but not the directory yet.

The weather has let up a bit and we go† †he construction done and all looks good.

We got 95% of the spring start up done, there is only a few things that we want to do yet.

We will be leaving shortly for the Finger Lakes region for a break.

We are now in record temps for heat and humidity. Temps up to 95.

The weather has been so up and down the garden is sparse this year. We are getting some things but a lot is not doing good.

I hope all is well and I hope you keep looking to the Lord.

8 Pages «<45678>