Home  •  Forum  •  Blogs  •  E-Mail  •  Support Categories
MyBasicISP Categories Finance Travel Real Estate Games Autos Entertainment
Welcome Guest Active Topics |

5 Pages 123>»
The Illegitimate POTUS Options
Intangible
#1 Posted : Monday, March 27, 2017 10:52:07 PM

It seems that Dick Cheney believes that Russia purposely interfered with our election process. Of course he doesn't think it really helped Trump, but he is certain they hacked us which he considers an act of war.

Russian interference

Cheney: Russian election interference could be ‘act of war’

Former Vice President Dick Cheney said Monday that Russia's attempts to interfere in the 2016 presidential election could be considered an "act of war" against the U.S.

"There's no question there was a very serious effort made by Mr. [Vladimir] Putin and his government, his organization, to interfere in major ways with our basic fundamental democratic processes," Cheney said Monday during a speech at the Economic Times' Global Business Summit 2017 in New Delhi.

"In some quarters, that would be considered an act of war. I think it's a kind of conduct and activity we will see going forward. We know he's attempted it previously in other states in the Baltics," Cheney said, according to video of the remarks.

Some Democratic lawmakers charged last week that Russia's election meddling amounted to an act of war, and others have accused Moscow of "attacking" the United States through its hacking.

"I actually think that their engagement was an act of war, an act of hybrid warfare, and I think that's why the American people should be concerned about it," Rep. Jackie Speier (D-Calif.) said at a House Intelligence Committee hearing on Russian election interference last Monday.

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) also said back in December that Russia's actions amounted to an act of war.

Still, experts have cautioned against making such accusations. The U.S. government does not currently have a definition of what actions in cyberspace would necessitate a military response.

Cheney on Monday accused Russian President Vladimir Putin of having "designs" on the Baltic states. NATO has recently deployed forces to Estonia, Lithuania, Latvia and Poland in the wake of Moscow's aggressive activity in Ukraine.

"Another aspect of Mr. Putin's conduct is the issue that is now very much in the headlines at home, and that has to do with cyber warfare, cyberattack on the United States - the fact that he took his capabilities in the cyber area and used it to try to influence our election," Cheney said.

While the former vice president emphasized that there is no argument that President Trump's election was "not legitimate," he said Americans should be mindful of Putin's actions.

"I would not underestimate the weight that we Americans assign to the Russian attempts to interfere with our internal political processes," Cheney said.

The FBI has been investigating Russia's efforts to influence the election, including looking at any possible coordination between Trump's presidential campaign and Moscow, FBI Director James Comey revealed last week.

The intelligence community concluded in January that Russia waged a cyber and disinformation campaign to undermine the U.S. democratic process, damage Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton and aid Trump.
It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office.

H. L. Mencken

Sponsor  

stevelundgren
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 28, 2017 10:12:04 AM

How can you claim an "Illegitimate POTUS " ???
Trump won the election fair and square.

And why do liberals actually want to start a war with Russia?
Hillary threatened to do so if it could be proved that the Russians meddled in the election.
Of which she said the FBI/CIA and 14 other intelligence agencies were "confident".
Meaning they had no concrete evidence.

Intangible wrote:
It seems that Dick Cheney believes that Russia purposely interfered with our election process. Of course he doesn't think it really helped Trump, but he is certain they hacked us which he considers an act of war.

Russian interference

Cheney: Russian election interference could be ‘act of war’

Former Vice President Dick Cheney said Monday that Russia's attempts to interfere in the 2016 presidential election could be considered an "act of war" against the U.S.

"There's no question there was a very serious effort made by Mr. [Vladimir] Putin and his government, his organization, to interfere in major ways with our basic fundamental democratic processes," Cheney said Monday during a speech at the Economic Times' Global Business Summit 2017 in New Delhi.

"In some quarters, that would be considered an act of war. I think it's a kind of conduct and activity we will see going forward. We know he's attempted it previously in other states in the Baltics," Cheney said, according to video of the remarks.

Some Democratic lawmakers charged last week that Russia's election meddling amounted to an act of war, and others have accused Moscow of "attacking" the United States through its hacking.

"I actually think that their engagement was an act of war, an act of hybrid warfare, and I think that's why the American people should be concerned about it," Rep. Jackie Speier (D-Calif.) said at a House Intelligence Committee hearing on Russian election interference last Monday.

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) also said back in December that Russia's actions amounted to an act of war.

Still, experts have cautioned against making such accusations. The U.S. government does not currently have a definition of what actions in cyberspace would necessitate a military response.

Cheney on Monday accused Russian President Vladimir Putin of having "designs" on the Baltic states. NATO has recently deployed forces to Estonia, Lithuania, Latvia and Poland in the wake of Moscow's aggressive activity in Ukraine.

"Another aspect of Mr. Putin's conduct is the issue that is now very much in the headlines at home, and that has to do with cyber warfare, cyberattack on the United States - the fact that he took his capabilities in the cyber area and used it to try to influence our election," Cheney said.

While the former vice president emphasized that there is no argument that President Trump's election was "not legitimate," he said Americans should be mindful of Putin's actions.

"I would not underestimate the weight that we Americans assign to the Russian attempts to interfere with our internal political processes," Cheney said.

The FBI has been investigating Russia's efforts to influence the election, including looking at any possible coordination between Trump's presidential campaign and Moscow, FBI Director James Comey revealed last week.

The intelligence community concluded in January that Russia waged a cyber and disinformation campaign to undermine the U.S. democratic process, damage Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton and aid Trump.

Those people are zealous to win you over,
but for no good. What they want is to alienate you from us,
so that you may have zeal for them. - Galatians 4:17
Intangible
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 28, 2017 7:48:59 PM

stevelundgren wrote:

How can you claim an "Illegitimate POTUS " ???
Trump won the election fair and square.

And why do liberals actually want to start a war with Russia?
Hillary threatened to do so if it could be proved that the Russians meddled in the election.
Of which she said the FBI/CIA and 14 other intelligence agencies were "confident".
Meaning they had no concrete evidence.

Trump won the Electoral College vote. He did NOT win the vote of The People. Therefore he will always be the illegitimate POTUS.

You're funny. Why are you and most conservatives okay with Russia hacking into our computers and attempting... well not really attempting... the Russians DID help Trump "win", and that is just fine and dandy with you!

This is not about Hillary, but I do understand your utter hatred of her and why you just can't let it go even though she didn't win the Electoral College vote. Your anti Christ Trump is POTUS, stop complaining about Hillary.
It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office.

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#4 Posted : Sunday, April 02, 2017 12:33:08 AM

H. L. Mencken

TheCatsMeow
#5 Posted : Sunday, April 02, 2017 12:52:22 AM

Intangible wrote:

Intangible
#6 Posted : Wednesday, April 05, 2017 5:04:41 AM

It's odd how every accusation made by or repeated by the Trump circus is actually a direct reflection of those doing the accusing. Trump lies incessantly and calls any report he sees as unfavorable "fake news". In truth, this and other ridiculous claims by Trumpettes are the actual "fake news" purveyors.

Concerning Pizzagate

A NOTE TO OUR LISTENING, VIEWING AND READING AUDIENCES CONCERNING PIZZAGATE COVERAGE

We regret any negative impact our commentaries may have had on Mr. Alefantis, Comet Ping Pong, or its employees

Alex Jones | Infowars.com - MARCH 24, 2017

Last fall before the Presidential election, a large number of media outlets began reporting on allegations arising from emails released by Wikileaks that appeared to come from John Podesta, who served Presidents Clinton and Obama and was the chairman of Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign.

Dozens of those stories and articles raised or discussed theories that some of Podesta’s emails contained code words for human trafficking and/or pedophilia. Stories also included allegations connecting members of the Democratic Party with a number of restaurants involved with a child sex ring. These stories were cited and discussed in social media and went viral on the Internet.

One of the persons mentioned in many of the stories in the media was a Washington, D.C. restaurant owner named James Alefantis, and his pizza restaurant Comet Ping Pong. It is fair to say that Mr. Alefantis is a prominent individual who has been mentioned as a power player in Washington. Mr. Alefantis and his restaurant were mentioned in many stories published by a lot of different outlets. Mr. Alefantis was quoted in many subsequent stories, and he denied any involvement in such child sex rings. These denials were reported in national media and many other media outlets and news websites.

The volume of stories was substantial, generated national headlines and came to be known across the country as “Pizzagate.” We at Infowars became a part of that discussion. We broadcast commentary about the allegations and the theory that the emails contained code words. We raised questions about information in Mr. Podesta’s emails and the Comet Ping Pong restaurant. We believed at that time that further investigation was necessary. In December 2016 we disassociated ourselves from the “Pizzagate” claims and theories, a position we reiterated last month after being contacted by Mr. Alefantis.

In late February 2017, we received a letter from Mr. Alefantis asking that we retract certain statements that he says were made in seven of our broadcasts between the last week of November and the first week of December 2016. We have attempted, through our lawyers, to contact Mr. Alefantis to discuss with him what sort of statement he would like to see made.

In our commentary about what had become known as Pizzagate, I made comments about Mr. Alefantis that in hindsight I regret, and for which I apologize to him. We were participating in a discussion that was being written about by scores of media outlets, in one of the most hotly contested and disputed political environments our country has ever seen. We relied on third party accounts of alleged activities and conduct at the restaurant. We also relied on accounts of reporters who are no longer with us. This was an ever-evolving story, which had a huge amount of commentary about it across many media outlets.

As I have said before, what became a heightened focus on Mr. Alefantis and Comet Ping Pong by many media outlets was not appropriate. To my knowledge today, neither Mr. Alefantis, nor his restaurant Comet Ping Pong, were involved in any human trafficking as was part of the theories about Pizzagate that were being written about in many media outlets and which we commented upon.

I want our viewers and listeners to know that we regret any negative impact our commentaries may have had on Mr. Alefantis, Comet Ping Pong, or its employees. We apologize to the extent our commentaries could be construed as negative statements about Mr. Alefantis or Comet Ping Pong, and we hope that anyone else involved in commenting on Pizzagate will do the same thing.

Here’s what we have done to clarify to the public. Months ago we took down the majority of broadcasts/videos including ones that only mentioned Pizzagate. This happened months before we were even contacted by Mr. Alefantis. Mr. Alefantis objected to portions of seven particular radio broadcasts. We have taken down those seven broadcasts and we have attempted to take down any broadcasts that mentioned Mr. Alefantis or Comet Ping Pong. We have attempted to do so not just on our website but also social media sites such as our YouTube channel. If Mr. Alefantis has other objections, we invite him to let us know. Two reporters who used to be associated with us are no longer with us. In a recent broadcast, I invited Mr. Alefantis on our program to state what he wanted to, and I again do so here. He has given interviews to many media outlets, and he is welcome to come on our show.

In issuing this statement, we are not admitting that Mr. Alefantis, or his restaurant, have any legal claim. We do not believe they do. But we are issuing this statement because we think it is the right thing to do. It will be no surprise to you that we will fight for children across America. But the Pizzagate narrative, as least as concerning Mr. Alefantis and Comet Ping Pong, we have subsequently determined was based upon what we now believe was an incorrect narrative. Despite the fact that we were far from the genesis of this story, it is never easy to admit when your commentaries are based on inaccurate information, but we feel like we owe it to you the listeners, viewers and supporters to make that statement, and give an apology to you and to Mr. Alefantis, when we do.

We encourage you to hold us accountable. We improve when you do.

Alex Jones,
Infowars

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#7 Posted : Sunday, May 14, 2017 1:17:53 AM

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#8 Posted : Tuesday, May 23, 2017 12:01:53 AM

Osama binLaden was Saudi, related to the ruling family and a supposed U.S. ally. This whole game of the enemy of my enemy is my friend and ally is preposterous.

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#9 Posted : Wednesday, May 31, 2017 11:15:41 PM

Amazing how Republicans call Democrats snow flakes considering the outrage over Kathy Griffin showing a picture of a bloody Trump head! They just love to dish out the vitriol and hatred but heaven help anyone that gets through their very thin skin.

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#10 Posted : Saturday, July 01, 2017 10:34:11 PM

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#11 Posted : Saturday, July 22, 2017 10:03:16 PM

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#12 Posted : Tuesday, August 01, 2017 1:36:17 PM

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#13 Posted : Friday, August 11, 2017 9:09:48 PM

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#14 Posted : Friday, August 18, 2017 9:54:41 PM

A short video on what our POTUS should have been....

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#15 Posted : Monday, November 06, 2017 10:08:49 PM

https://shareblue.com/as-trump-p...-believes-they-colluded/

As Trump preps for Putin meeting, almost every American believes they colluded

By Matthew Chapman | NOVEMBER 6, 2017

83 percent of Americans believe there was a "widespread" or at least "limited" effort between Russia and the Trump campaign to coordinate the attacks on our election.

Despite the constant tide of bad news for Donald Trump in the Russia investigation — including the scandal surrounding his commerce secretary and renewed allegations that he sent his son to discuss a quid pro quo removal of sanctions for information on Hillary Clinton from a Russian lawyer — he still has no qualms about hanging out with Russian President Vladimir Putin.

News broke on Monday that Trump is planning to meet with Putin this week during his trip across Asia to discuss a possible alliance against the threat of North Korea — a threat which has grown largely due to Trump’s own reckless behavior.

At the exact same time, a new CNN poll reveals a remarkable consensus among the American people that Trump’s team sought help from Putin’s government to throw the 2016 election.

64 percent of Americans believe the Russia scandal is “a serious matter that should be fully investigated,” which should give pause to Senate Republicans who are currently blocking bipartisan bills to protect special counsel Robert Mueller from being fired. And 59 percent of respondents believe that Trump knew that some people “associated with his campaign had contact with suspected Russian operatives.”

Even more starkly, Americans believe by 83 percent to 6 percent that there was a “widespread” or at least “limited” effort between Russia and the Trump campaign to coordinate the attacks on our election.

These numbers suggest that the relentless campaign by Trump and his surrogates to discredit Mueller, or to demand that we should instead be investigating the nonexistent “Clinton administration,” is failing spectacularly.

Despite all the efforts to deflect and distract, the American people have not taken their eyes off the ball. And neither will Mueller.

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#16 Posted : Sunday, December 03, 2017 12:34:55 AM

Trump Brags

CNN Tape Released: Trump Brags For Spying on Naked Girls, “Because I’m The Owner of The Pageant”

By jlyttle Published on November 17, 2017

From the “Just when we thought Trump couldn’t possibly say or do anything sleazier or more disgusting” files comes leaked audio of a Donald Trump appearance on the Howard Stern radio show, admitting that he liked to wonder around backstage of beauty pageants to watch contestants changing clothes.

Here is Trump, in his own (gross) words:

“I’ll tell you the funniest is that I’ll go backstage before a show and everyone’s getting dressed….No men are anywhere, and I’m allowed to go in, because I’m the owner of the pageant and therefore I’m inspecting it…. ‘Is everyone OK’? You know, they’re standing there with no clothes. ‘Is everybody OK?’ And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.”

Trump said all sorts of lewd thing in this interview, which makes you wonder how America could elect a man that kids and young adults can’t possibly look up to as a role model.

Things keep getting worse for Trump by the day. The sad fact is, everyone knew this was the guy they were electing, but they didn’t care. All Trump voters knew was that Hillary Clinton mismanaging her emails was way worse, in their eyes, than Donald Trump, which is laughable at best.

Not only is Trump an illegitimate president, but he’s also a pretty disturbing individual.

H. L. Mencken

stevelundgren
#17 Posted : Sunday, December 03, 2017 6:07:52 AM

Disgusting.

More lies from the MSM.
Eagerly gobbled up by deluded leftists.
Thus sustaining the echo chamber of tribal bias.

Intangible
#18 Posted : Sunday, December 03, 2017 6:39:20 PM

Nothing but abuse!

stevelundgren wrote:

Disgusting.

More lies from the MSM.

H. L. Mencken

pontiacfreek66
#19 Posted : Tuesday, December 05, 2017 6:02:32 PM

stevelundgren wrote:

Disgusting.

More lies from the MSM.

hey Steve....going to be a LONG 7 more years...the grubers will keep posting their memes handed down from the bigot, racist top. It's the only thing they cling to, otherwise they would lock their self in mommies basement and throw the key away.
stevelundgren
#20 Posted : Tuesday, December 05, 2017 6:07:50 PM

pontiacfreek66 wrote:
stevelundgren wrote:

Disgusting.

More lies from the MSM.

hey Steve....going to be a LONG 7 more years...the grubers will keep posting their memes handed down from the bigot, racist top. It's the only thing they cling to, otherwise they would lock their self in mommies basement and throw the key away.

You got that right.
- Sho'nuff got that right! Dancing

5 Pages 123>»