Home  •  Forum  •  Blogs  •  E-Mail  •  Support Categories
MyBasicISP Categories Finance Travel Real Estate Games Autos Entertainment
Welcome Guest Active Topics |

10 Pages «<78910>
General Political News Options
Intangible
#161 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2019 11:01:14 PM

If someone told me where this nation would stand a few years ago, I would not have believed we could get here so easily. Who really believed Nikita Khrushchev would be right?

It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office.

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#162 Posted : Tuesday, September 24, 2019 8:58:29 PM

Donald Trump, the biggest snowflake of all time...

It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office.

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#163 Posted : Friday, September 27, 2019 8:33:08 PM

Would YOU give him a pass?

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#164 Posted : Wednesday, October 02, 2019 12:49:05 AM

He just keeps digging...

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#165 Posted : Friday, October 11, 2019 7:23:22 PM

Unfortunately, the United States is rapidly becoming a third world power. NO former allies can trust us any longer!

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#166 Posted : Saturday, October 12, 2019 10:34:16 PM

Lindsey Graham is the epitome of hypocrisy. Virtually every comment Lindsey Graham made on the issue of impeachment made in the past two decades was reversed the instant Trump took office.

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#167 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2019 5:54:50 PM

The Democrats need to use the established standard set by the Republicans!

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#168 Posted : Friday, October 18, 2019 10:58:03 PM

Admiral McRaven on Trump...

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#169 Posted : Sunday, October 20, 2019 6:41:24 PM

Ten Impeachable Offenses

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#170 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2019 6:25:49 PM

The biggest loser...

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#171 Posted : Friday, October 25, 2019 5:24:16 PM

E-mails, E-mails, Emails...

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#172 Posted : Monday, October 28, 2019 8:17:29 PM

Some say Reagan fell asleep in long meetings...

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#173 Posted : Thursday, October 31, 2019 9:55:34 PM

For those die-hard Trump supporters that actually believe he has done something to reinvigorate the dying coal industry... coal is dead and it isn't coming back!

ELEVEN COAL COMPANIES HAVE FILED FOR BANKRUPTCY SINCE TRUMP TOOK OFFICE

BY DANIEL MORITZ-RABSON ON 10/30/19

Eleven coal companies have declared bankruptcy since President Donald Trump took office, including Murray Energy, which filed for Chapter 11 Tuesday, S&P Global Market Intelligence told Newsweek.

While Trump campaigned on a promise to revive the coal industry, the sector has declined during his presidency. Although the president has rolled back 85 environmental rules in an attempt to help revive business, according to The New York Times, a natural gas boom and the country's increasing use of renewable energy sources have stymied those attempts. Coal provided just 27.5 percent of Americans' electricity last year, according to the Energy Information Administration, down from nearly half just a decade ago.

The natural gas boom and the increasing capacity of renewable energy have contributed to coal's decline, a trend marked by a string of bankruptcies. Armstrong Energy Inc and Mississippi Minerals filed for bankruptcy in 2017. Mission Coal and Westmoreland Coal filed for bankruptcy in 2018. Trinity Coal filed for bankruptcy in March and was followed by Piney Woods Resources Inc in April, Cloud Peak Energy in May, Cambrian Holding in June, and Blackjewel and Blackhawk Mining in July. Murray, Cloud Peak and Revelation Energy/Blackjewel were among the nation's top 10 producers in 2018, according to the EIA.

Murray Energy, the largest privately-owned coal company that employed almost 5,550 people in 2018 is the latest casualty. The company owned and operated 13 mines across the county and managed five additional mines, but had accumulated about $2.7 billion in debt, the bankruptcy filing said. The company also has more than $8 billion in actual or potential liability.

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#174 Posted : Sunday, November 03, 2019 8:52:13 PM

Criminal activity for the past 40 years by the Executive Branch...

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#175 Posted : Wednesday, November 06, 2019 10:30:24 PM

Congress is supposed to write and pass legislation, but today, there is a log jam...

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#176 Posted : Friday, November 08, 2019 11:34:32 PM

Lindsey's new Trump defense...

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#177 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2019 10:41:48 PM

A short list of Trump firsts...

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#178 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2019 10:00:03 PM

Cleaning up the mess since 1933...

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#179 Posted : Sunday, November 17, 2019 5:44:58 PM

Seriously, who are we supposed to believe?

H. L. Mencken

Intangible
#180 Posted : Thursday, November 21, 2019 11:09:34 PM

Trump will go down in infamy...

H. L. Mencken

10 Pages «<78910>