Home  •  Forum  •  Blogs  •  E-Mail  •  Support Categories
MyBasicISP Categories Finance Travel Real Estate Games Autos Entertainment
Welcome Guest Active Topics |

10 Pages <1234>»
brain teasers Options
TheCatsMeow
#21 Posted : Saturday, January 31, 2015 5:00:26 PM

Question

A magician was boasting one day at how long he could hold his breath under water. His record was 6 minutes. A kid that was listening said, that\'s nothing, I can stay under water for 10 minutes using no types of equipment or air pockets! The magician told the kid if he could do that, he\'d give him $10,000. The kid did it and won the money. Can you figure out how?

Answer

The kid filled a glass of water and held it over his head for 10 minutes.
TheCatsMeow
#22 Posted : Wednesday, February 4, 2015 3:27:50 AM

Question

Four members of a band are walking to a night concert. They decide to take a shortcut, but must cross a bridge. Luckily they have one flashlight. Because of the varying size of their instruments, it takes each member a different amount of time to cross the bridge - it takes the first person one minute, the second person two minutes, the third person five minutes and the fourth person ten minutes. They must cross the bridge in pairs, travelling at the slower speed so if the one minute person went with the ten minute person, it would take a total of ten minutes. Since there is only one flashlight, one person must come back across the bridge, then another pair can cross. They only have 17 minutes to cross the bridge and still get to the concert on time. What order should they cross to get everyone across and get to the concert?

Answer

First, the one minute person and the two minute person must cross the bridge, for a total of two minutes. Then the one minute person should come back with flashlight - total of three minutes. The five minute person and the ten minute person cross together next, making the total thirteen minutes. Now the two minute person goes back and (total now fifteen minutes) and gets the one minute person and they cross together bringing the total to seventeen minutes.
TheCatsMeow
#23 Posted : Wednesday, February 4, 2015 3:30:48 AM

Question

A certain man worked for ZA ltd company for 2 years in Chingola. He then was transfered to Ndola where he lived for 20 years before being tranfered again to Kitwe where he lived another 15 years. He later moved to Lusaka where he lived for exactly 5 years in very good health before he died. All employees of ZA Itd are employed at the age of 20. The man was born in 1940. How old was the man at the time of his death?

Answer

62 years old!
TheCatsMeow
#24 Posted : Monday, February 9, 2015 6:43:06 PM

Question

Scientists have proven that cats have more hair on one side then their other side. Some people believe that this is because when cats lay on their side they need insulation from the cold on the floor or ground. Which side of a cat has more hair?

Answer

Well Duh! The outside of the Cat of course!
TheCatsMeow
#25 Posted : Monday, February 9, 2015 6:45:08 PM

Question

A man and his son were in a terrible accident, the man died. The son was rushed into emergency surgery. The doctor walked into the room looked down at the boy and said I can\'t operate on this boy, he\'s my son. Who was the doctor?

Answer

The boy's mother
TheCatsMeow
#26 Posted : Monday, February 9, 2015 6:47:52 PM

Question

There are 8 marbles that weigh 1 ounce each, and 1 marble that weighs 1.1 ounces. The marbles are all uniform in size, appearance, and shape. You have a balance that contains 2 trays. You are only able to use the scale 2 times. How do you determine which marble is the heaviest using only the scale and marbles in 2 weighings.

Answer

Place 3 marbles on each tray.
- If the first weighing doesn\'t balance, remove all the marbles from the lighter side, and place one marble on each tray from the heavier tray. The heavier side is the 1.1 ounce marble, but if they balance, then the marble from the heavier tray from the first weighing that was not weighed in the second weighing is the heavier one(1.1).
- If the marbles balance on the first wieiging, remove the marbles from the trays, and place 2 of the remaining unweighed marbles on the trays, one on each tray. If one is heavier, it is the heavier marble(1.1), but if they balance, the remaining unweighed marble is the heavier one.
palm60
#27 Posted : Wednesday, February 11, 2015 12:22:11 AM

http://mindbluff.com/marble.htm

Not the answer to the 8 marble puzzle but to the 12 marble puzzle.

Same idea probably to solve in both answers?
TheCatsMeow
#28 Posted : Wednesday, February 11, 2015 6:55:38 PM

palm60 wrote:

Sorry, I'm just the messenger.Smile
TheCatsMeow
#29 Posted : Sunday, February 22, 2015 8:33:35 AM

Question

No legs have I to dance,
No lungs have I to breathe,
No life have I to live or die
And yet I do all three.
What am I?

Answer

I am Fire.
TheCatsMeow
#30 Posted : Sunday, February 22, 2015 8:35:01 AM

Question

What is more powerful than God, rich people don\'t need it, poor people have it and if you eat it you\'ll die?

Answer

NOTHING.. is more powerful than God Rich people need... NOTHING Poor people have... NOTHING and if you eat... NOTHING... you\'ll die...

I LIKE THIS ONE THE BEST.ThumpUp
TheCatsMeow
#31 Posted : Sunday, February 22, 2015 8:44:17 AM

Question

There are these two twin old men that go into the same bar everyday. The bartender at the bar hates one of the twins, but the only way he could tell the difference between the one he hates and the one he likes is because the one that he hates drinks very slow, but the one that he likes drinks fast. So one day the bartender decides to kill the one that he hates. So when they came in that day he put the same amount of the drink in their cups, the same amount of ice, and the same amount of poison. When they are both done with their drinks the one that the bartender hates dies, but the one he likes lives. How is this??

Answer

The bartender put the poison in the ice. In the drink of the one who drank slow the ice melted, but since the other one drank fast, his ice never melted. Sneaky
TheCatsMeow
#32 Posted : Monday, March 2, 2015 1:33:50 PM

GONE FISHING
TOM: Three guys go out fishing. They decide in advance that whatever they catch, they're going to divvy it up equally.
So, they finish fishing for the day. They pull back into port, and they're going to sleep on the boat overnight. They're going to get up in the morning, divvy up the fish, and go home. In the middle of the night, however, one of the guys has a severe hemorrhoidal flare-up, and he's got to get to the drugstore right away to buy some stuff.

RAY: Right.

TOM: So, he goes to take his third of the fish, and he notices that the number that they caught is not divisible by three, unless he throws one of the fish overboard. So, he throws one of the fish overboard, takes his third and leaves. A few hours later, in the middle of the night, another guy wakes up with horrible stomach pains. He’s gotta have the Kaopectate. So he goes to take his third of the fish, and he notices, interestingly, the same thing -- he can't take a third unless he throws one fish overboard. He throws one fish overboard, takes his third, and goes home.

Third guy gets up in the morning and figures the other guys are still sleeping. So he figures, “I'll just take my third, and I'll go. When they wake up, they can take their third.” However, he realizes that he can't take a third. It's not divisible by three.

RAY: Sonja Henie's...! What are the chances of that?

TOM: He throws one fish overboard, takes his third, and leaves. Question: What is the smallest number of fish by which this little scenario could have taken place?

link to submit your answer to CAR TALK:
http://www.cartalk.com/content/contact-us
TheCatsMeow
#33 Posted : Tuesday, March 3, 2015 8:19:46 PM

The words above the pic are not mine. I couldn't find the cat. If you can't then I can give you what seemed like a hint to its whereabouts. Email me with your answers so I can know also, lol.
TheCatsMeow
#34 Posted : Tuesday, March 3, 2015 8:25:15 PM

If you continue to focus on the cross in the center of the image you will notice that .. the circle of violet circles will soon DISAPPEAR completely .. and you will see only the green spot (which is actually violet).

TheCatsMeow
#35 Posted : Tuesday, March 3, 2015 8:30:22 PM

Do you see an old man or two people?
TheCatsMeow
#36 Posted : Tuesday, March 3, 2015 8:31:46 PM

Question

Jack\'s mother had four children. The first was called North, the second was called South and the third was called East. What was the fourth called?

Answer

Jack
TheCatsMeow
#37 Posted : Monday, March 9, 2015 5:41:29 PM

THE HOUSEHOLD TASK
RAY: My son was performing a common household task. He asked me, is 50 enough? No, I said, I don't think so. He said, what about 125? I said, no, I don't think that's enough either. I'd try 90.
What was he doing?

If you think you know the answer tell me and then send it to:
http://www.cartalk.com/content/contact-us
TheCatsMeow
#38 Posted : Saturday, March 14, 2015 9:51:09 PM

palm60 wrote:

Thank you for letting me know there is an interest here. Give me a holler every once in a while otherwise I will not keep posting. That's for Anyone. Thank youSmile
TheCatsMeow
#39 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2015 8:23:40 AM

Pastor Adrian Rogers said this in his sermon yesterday, he has passed away but they continue to show his services.

If you are offered a penny and allowed to double the balance each day for 30 days or a million dollars which one would you take?

I can not calculate this as it seems impossible that the penny calculation could end up more than a million. It just doesn't compute. He says it does.
TheCatsMeow
#40 Posted : Monday, March 30, 2015 1:03:26 PM

DESERTED ISLAND
RAY: You are kidnapped and unceremoniously dumped on a deserted island in the Pacific. This island basically is 10 miles long and about a hundred yards wide, and it's completely covered with grass and palm trees. And your captors have been nice enough to give you a few things to assist you in surviving. They've given you a supply of water, a life-size poster of Ginger Grant, a flashlight, a box of matches and a blankie.

So, the first day, you walk around the island, and you notice that you've got no chance of escape because the island is sheer drop-off all around, 500 feet onto sharp rocks into shark-infested waters. So, there is no escape from this island, and you go to sleep that first night under your blankie, and you're awakened the next morning by the sound of thunder and the bright flash of lightning.

TOM: Oh-oh. I'm not going to like this.

RAY: I don't think so. And you realize that lightning has struck the far end of the island. You're approximately in the middle, let's say, so five miles away from you, lightning has struck and has set the grass and palm trees on fire. And as luck would have it, there's a breeze blowing from the fire toward you. So, it's pushing the flame in your direction. And you can imagine that everything on the island is going to be toasted—including you, unless you think quick. And the question is: How do you save your sorry butt until your wife can pay off the ransom?

TOM: Fat chance.
10 Pages <1234>»