Home  •  Forum  •  Blogs  •  E-Mail  •  Support Categories
MyBasicISP Categories Finance Travel Real Estate Games Autos Entertainment
Welcome Guest Active Topics |

29 Pages <12345>»
Trump Options
sonny35
#41 Posted : Wednesday, October 12, 2016 9:23:25 AM

Intangible wrote:
What are you holding a seance now? Ted Kennedy has been dead for quite some time now so I don't hear him saying anything. And no, I don't think Democrats or Republicans have any moral turpitude which is why this nation needs to look outside of the two parties that have driven the nation to the edge of extinction.

sonny35 wrote:
Intangible wrote:

Surely you do not believe there is such a thing as any moral standards in either of the parties candidates do you??? (that would be a first)

Ted Kennedy said I drowned a girl and Bill Clinton admitted he had illicit sex in the White House, and they both said they were sure glad they hadn't talked dirty.

"Said" (past tense) dummy, not saying.d'oh! RollEyes

TheCatsMeow
#42 Posted : Wednesday, October 12, 2016 3:04:19 PM

Republicans urge Pence to replace Trump in presidential race

EMAIL

BY Thomas Beaumont, Associated Press October 9, 2016 at 10:07 AM EDT
Republican U.S. vice presidential nominee Gov. Mike Pence speaks during his debate against Democratic U.S. vice presidential nominee Sen. Tim Kaine at Longwood University in Farmville, Virginia, U.S. October 4, 2016. Pence's running mate, Republican Donald Trump has put him in an awkward position with the release of vulgar comments in 2005. Photo By Kevin Lamarque/Reuters

Republican U.S. vice presidential nominee Gov. Mike Pence speaks during his debate against Democratic U.S. vice presidential nominee Sen. Tim Kaine at Longwood University in Farmville, Virginia, U.S. October 4, 2016. Pence’s running mate, Republican Donald Trump has put him in an awkward position with the release of vulgar comments in 2005. Photo By Kevin Lamarque/Reuters

INDIANAPOLIS — Mike Pence has long described himself as a “Christian, a conservative and a Republican in that order.”

RELATED LINKS

Republicans denounce Trump after vulgar comments
How will Trump’s comments about women affect the race?
WATCH LIVE: The second 2016 presidential debate

Now, the GOP vice presidential nominee and his priorities are facing a critical test as Donald Trump, staggered by his recorded vulgarities about women, careens toward Sunday’s presidential debate against Democrat Hillary Clinton.

Trump has vowed to stay in the race.

Pence’s advocacy for Trump came to a screeching, perhaps temporary, halt Saturday in the hours after Trump released a video apologizing for 2005 remarks in which he describes his aggressive conduct toward women.

Pence said in a statement about Trump that he won’t “condone his remarks and cannot defend them.”

“We pray for his family and look forward to the opportunity he has to show what is in his heart when he goes before the nation tomorrow night,” the Indiana governor said.

It’s more evidence of the trials facing the GOP’s No. 2 that could serve Pence well if he runs for the top spot in 2020.

Pence dare not speak about that possibility. To do so would assume Clinton prevails on Nov. 8.

But plenty of people are engaging in presidential talk about Pence, including Republican members of Congress, governors, a former presidential candidate, and more.

Sens. Mike Lee of Utah and Mike Crapo of Idaho are calling on Trump to quit the campaign so Pence can lead the ticket. Sen. Kelly Ayotte of New Hampshire says she’ll write in Pence’s name on the ballot — not Trump’s.

Pence canceled his appearance at a Wisconsin rally Saturday with House Speaker Paul Ryan. Pence would have been expected to advocate for Trump.

“I’m sure he’s horrified,” said Mike Murphy, an Indiana public relations strategist who’s known Pence for more than two decades. “We impeached Bill Clinton and we cannot impeach Trump off the ballot. But I wish there was a mechanism to do so.”

Pence raised his political stock Monday night during the only debate against Democrat Tim Kaine. During the 90-minute event, Pence managed to not defend Trump’s indefensible behavior, yet still sound supportive and show off his own expertise on foreign policy.

The performance highlighted the gulf in political sophistication between Trump and his running mate.

Pence addressed the awkwardness with a savvy statement acknowledging his own performance and preserving his alliance with Trump.

“People are saying that I won the debate,” he said Wednesday in Harrisonburg, Virginia. “From where I sat, Donald Trump’s vision to make America great won the debate.”

But on Friday, Trump’s behavior put Pence to an even tougher test.

The Washington Post and NBC broke the story of Trump’s words about women as Pence advocated for Trump him in Ohio.

“With Donald Trump as president, we’ll have a president of the United States who respects all the American people,” Pence said as news of Trump’s comments was breaking.

Pence went on to defend, as he has previously, Trump’s outspoken nature as a refusal to “tiptoe around those thousands of rules of political correctness.”

Pence ignored shouted questions about Trump, and he was quickly whisked out of reach of the news media.

What followed: Pence’s silence, the scrapping his Wisconsin appearance and finally, his statement.

An influential Indiana conservative, Jim Bopp, who helped draft this year’s Republican Party platform, said Pence “should stay the course.”

Trump’s words are “ill-considered and crude,” Bopp said, and also “statements Mike Pence would never make.”

The election is bigger than that, said Bopp, a lawyer from Terre Haute, Indiana.

“In the grand scheme of things, this is trivia vs. real life-and-death problems that we face in our foreign policy and the serious challenges that everyday Americans face because of the Obama-Clinton economy.”

Associated Press writers Brian Slodysko and Bill Barrow contributed to this report
Intangible
#43 Posted : Thursday, October 13, 2016 12:16:48 AM

The difference between patriotism and nationalism is that the patriot is proud of his country for what it does, and the nationalist is proud of his country no matter what it does; the first attitude creates a feeling of responsibility, but the second a feeling of blind arrogance that leads to war.
Sydney J. Harris
TheCatsMeow
#44 Posted : Friday, October 14, 2016 8:22:32 PM

That hairball cartoon is funny.LOL LOL

One of the new stations if you did a scan is 50.6 here called newsmax. It is mostly political with some of the shows being call in. I like it, it is fascinating but does lean toward Trump. Bringing up the fact that after all these years suddenly these women are coming forward, very interesting. I for one don't believe most of it and it is sad what some will stoop too.
As ridiculous as it is those who are against him will never see how unbelievable those stories are thrown out there at this most opportune time. It is sad! There is so much he could be throwing at her but he has only put a few out there. It just turns people like me even more against her for playing so dirty.
Intangible
#45 Posted : Friday, October 14, 2016 8:43:15 PM

The difference between patriotism and nationalism is that the patriot is proud of his country for what it does, and the nationalist is proud of his country no matter what it does; the first attitude creates a feeling of responsibility, but the second a feeling of blind arrogance that leads to war.
Sydney J. Harris
Intangible
#46 Posted : Saturday, October 15, 2016 8:07:04 PM

Most of the world had never heard of Trump until the Apprentice aired on television, but there is a long and storied history behind Trump for anyone willing to accept the truth!

Trump Downplays Discrimination Lawsuit

Trump’s characterization of himself as his dad’s newbie apprentice was pretty clever. In reality, though, in 1973, when the Department of Justice filed a civil rights case accusing the Trump firm of Fair Housing Act (“FHA”) violations, Donald Trump was twenty-seven, and was the president of the company. Similarly misleading is the depiction of the Trumps as one family wrongly accused amidst a sea of other defendants. But one look at the pleadings shows the case caption as United States v. Fred C. Trump, Donald Trump, and Trump Management, Inc.. There may have been “many, many, many other companies” sued at other times, but the Trumps weren’t sued “along with” anyone. They were sued. Period. The fact that other landlords with other buildings may also have violated the FHA at some point isn’t remotely relevant to the DOJ’s allegations against the Trumps for their wrongdoing.

The case against the Trumps had been unprecedented in scope. The Trump firm owned 14,000 apartments – and this lawsuit was one of the biggest ever brought by the DOJ for Fair Housing violations. Whatever analysis we might do of the merits of the case itself, there is simply no rational way to view this lawsuit as an inconsequential nuisance. It was a big deal. Donald Trump and his father knew it back in 1973, and Trump the Candidate knows it now.

During the lawsuit itself, the Trump defendants did everything in their power to strike back against the DOJ. They filed a $100 million counterclaim for falsely accusing them (it was dismissed), they attacked the credibility of one DOJ lawyer (that went nowhere), and they asked that another one be held in contempt (the judge refused). In the end, and despite Donald Trump’s public statements that he wouldn’t settle, the Trumps and the DOJ came to a consent decree to resolve the litigation.

The 1973 housing discrimination lawsuit may have been the point of origin for Trump’s now-branded crisis-management philosophy; outright denial appears to be Trump’s go-to method of explaining anything unfavorable in his past. Essentially, Trumps lost this lawsuit. The government had compelling evidence and walked away with a settlement lauded by everyone from the New York Times to the DOJ lawyer herself as “a clear victory” for victims of discrimination. Newspaper headlines read “Minorities Win Housing Suit,” and explained that “qualified Blacks and Puerto Ricans now have the opportunity to rent apartments owned by Trump Management.”
Sydney J. Harris
Intangible
#47 Posted : Sunday, October 16, 2016 8:10:48 PM

Sydney J. Harris
TheCatsMeow
#48 Posted : Monday, October 17, 2016 4:13:19 PM

I find it really interesting that none of these poor attacked women said a thing for years and years. Perfect timing don't you think. I wonder how much they are getting?? What would you do if a stranger put his hand up your skirt? Would you wait years until he ran for president?? RIDICULOUS!!!
Intangible
#49 Posted : Wednesday, October 19, 2016 4:49:12 PM

Sydney J. Harris
Intangible
#50 Posted : Thursday, October 20, 2016 7:29:20 PM

Sydney J. Harris
Intangible
#51 Posted : Saturday, October 22, 2016 5:45:42 AM

Sydney J. Harris
stevelundgren
#52 Posted : Monday, October 24, 2016 7:45:45 PM

I had hoped that you knew the difference between "accused" and "charged".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Donald Trump has been charged with RAPING a 13 year old girl! - Intangible

Donald Trump has NOT been charged with RAPING a 13 year old girl.

Ironic that the accuser claims to have attended several sex parties and is now leveling accusations of rape.
Wouldn't attendance at these parties indicate consent? How is that rape?
Does playing the under-aged card really change that? Was she there against her will?
What ever happened to her was so horrible that she came back for more.
Did anything really happen to her, or is this just another attempt to take advantage of the wealthy?

This is a problem with the law in this country.
Personally, I think that if someone is guilty of bringing a false accusation against another,
they should receive the consequences for the offense themselves.

Those people are zealous to win you over,
but for no good. What they want is to alienate you from us,
so that you may have zeal for them. - Galatians 4:17
Intangible
#53 Posted : Monday, October 24, 2016 9:29:32 PM

I do know the difference, virtually nothing.... to accuse is to charge...... neither an accusation or a charge conveys guilt or innocence. However, I do believe he is guilty.

stevelundgren wrote:

I had hoped that you knew the difference between "accused" and "charged".

Donald Trump has been charged with RAPING a 13 year old girl! - Intangible

Donald Trump has NOT been charged with RAPING a 13 year old girl.

Ironic that the accuser claims to have attended several sex parties and is now leveling accusations of rape.
Wouldn't attendance at these parties indicate consent? How is that rape?
Does playing the under-aged card really change that? Was she there against her will?
What ever happened to her was so horrible that she came back for more.
Did anything really happen to her, or is this just another attempt to take advantage of the wealthy?

This is a problem with the law in this country.
Personally, I think that if someone is guilty of bringing a false accusation against another,
they should receive the consequences for the offense themselves.

ac·cuse

əˈkyo͞oz

verb

charge (someone) with an offense or crime.
"he was accused of murdering his wife's lover"
synonyms: charge with, indict for, arraign for; More

claim that (someone) has done something wrong.
"he was accused of favoritism"

synonyms: blame for, lay/pin the blame on for, hold responsible for, inculpate for, hold accountable for;

So are you saying it is okay for wealthy men to purchase the company of young teen aged girls!?!

Personally, I am rather dismayed that you would even think of defending this vile person. Does the man's wealth or a child's willingness to participate negate a charge of statutory rape? When the girl claims to have been tied to a bed, begged him to stop, gets slapped and told he could do whatever he wants.... is THAT consensual sex?

If this was simply an election year smear I could see possibly defending him, but these charges were filed long before he ever decided to run. Furthermore, these types of charges are not some anomaly out of nowhere, it has been Trump's way for four decades.

Trump epitomizes every wrong in this world today, the embodiment of lust, greed, a feeling of entitlement, narcissistic and heartless. He cannot commit himself to one wife, he is a known adulterer. The slightest criticism sends him into a twitter rampage. How can anyone think Trump can run the greatest nation on earth?

I also agree with you, if an accuser has been proved to be a liar, then whatever punishment they would bestow on a guilty person should be dealt to the false accuser. Once a man is accused of some sort of sexual misconduct with an underage girl his life is basically trashed no matter what the verdict so false accusations should be dealt with severely.

Sydney J. Harris
TheCatsMeow
#54 Posted : Tuesday, October 25, 2016 1:29:19 AM

I'd rather be accused over charged any day. You get charged you get taken down to the station and booked. Hell of a lot of difference.

All the things that Trump might be doesn't mean he wouldn't make a good pres.

I am sure there were a lot of perverts, etc that make up past presidents and a lot more. They are good at covering up but Clinton wasn't so lucky. You like Clinton's stint? Vote for killery and you can have it again with BO in the side lines.
YOU LIKED BO AND HILLERY WILL BE JUST ANOTHER BO SO WHY AREN'T YOU GOING FOR HER?

Try looking in those smut mags you read for the dope on other presidents and see what you find. I dare ya!Smile Look hard enough and in the right places and you can find garbage on anyone.
They are all a bunch of hypocrites as they spoke badly about each other in the past but now they are lovey dovey, sickening.
Intangible
#55 Posted : Tuesday, October 25, 2016 3:04:43 AM

TheCatsMeow wrote:
I'd rather be accused over charged any day. You get charged you get taken down to the station and booked. Hell of a lot of difference.

All the things that Trump might be doesn't mean he wouldn't make a good pres.

I am sure there were a lot of perverts, etc that make up past presidents and a lot more. They are good at covering up but Clinton wasn't so lucky. You like Clinton's stint? Vote for killery and you can have it again with BO in the side lines.
YOU LIKED BO AND HILLERY WILL BE JUST ANOTHER BO SO WHY AREN'T YOU GOING FOR HER?

Try looking in those smut mags you read for the dope on other presidents and see what you find. I dare ya!Smile Look hard enough and in the right places and you can find garbage on anyone.
They are all a bunch of hypocrites as they spoke badly about each other in the past but now they are lovey dovey, sickening.

The dictionary makes no difference between accused and charged.... if you charge someone, you have accused them, if you accuse someone then you have charged them.

If all of his lecherous, crude and potentially illegal sexual proclivities are meaningless, if he cannot be loyal to one woman after vowing before God to love, honor and obey then why is Bill Clinton still raked over the coals? How can an unfaithful husband be trusted with anything?

Yes, I am certain there have been some deviant presidents, but we only know these things long after they were in office. Trump is NOT in office, thank God there is time to recognize this and NOT vote for the lascivious lech!

Maybe if you got out of your trailer court and stopped hanging around with the trash, just maybe, you might be credible!
Sydney J. Harris
Intangible
#56 Posted : Wednesday, October 26, 2016 8:10:50 PM

Sydney J. Harris
TheCatsMeow
#57 Posted : Wednesday, October 26, 2016 10:10:44 PM

Intangible wrote:

AGAIN, NO PROOF HERE JUST MORE GOSSIP. IT'S SAD YOU DON'T CARE HOW GOD FEELS ABOUT GOSSIP.RollEyes
Intangible
#58 Posted : Thursday, October 27, 2016 3:07:57 AM

TheCatsMeow wrote:
Intangible wrote:

AGAIN, NO PROOF HERE JUST MORE GOSSIP. IT'S SAD YOU DON'T CARE HOW GOD FEELS ABOUT GOSSIP.RollEyes

Your idea of what constitutes gossip is ridiculous! All I have done is post a picture of the woman being quoted. It is her statement, not gossip.
Sydney J. Harris
TheCatsMeow
#59 Posted : Friday, October 28, 2016 3:53:10 AM

IT'S NOT SURPRISING YOU REFUSE TO OWN IT.Smile MAYBE A DISCLAIMER IS IN ORDER WHEN YOU POST SOMEONES UNPROVEN WORDS. THINK ABOUT WHAT IS BEHIND YOUR POSTING SMUT AGAINST OTHERS? WHAT DO YOU GET OUT OF IT? IF IT ISN'T GOSSIP WHAT IS IT? MAYBE YOUR DISCLAIMER SHOULD SAY "I DON'T AGREE WITH WHAT I AM POSTING I JUST WANT TO RILE PEOPLE UP. TO MAKE THEM QUESTION THE SUBJECTS ETHICS, MORALS, ETC. I WANT THEM TO MAKE JUDGMENTS. I DON'T KNOW IF THIS IS NON FICTION OR FICTION I HAVE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR WHAT MY POSTS WILL DO TO OTHERS"Whistle Shame on you BigGrin

gos·sip
ˈɡäsəp/
noun
noun: gossip

casual or unconstrained conversation or reports about other people, typically involving details that are not confirmed as being true.
"he became the subject of much local gossip"
synonyms: rumorasleep/moon, tittle-tattle, whispers, canards, tidbits; More
scandal, hearsay;
informaldirt, buzz, scuttlebutt
"tell me all the gossip"
derogatory
a person who likes talking about other people's private lives.
plural noun: gossips
synonyms: scandalmonger, gossipmonger, tattler, busybody, muckraker, whisperer, flibbertigibbet
"she's such a gossip"

verb
verb: gossip; 3rd person present: gossips; past tense: gossiped; past participle: gossiped; gerund or present participle: gossiping

engage in gossip.
"they would start gossiping about her as soon as she left"
synonyms: spread rumors, spread gossip, talk, whisper, tell tales, tittle-tattle, tattle; informaldish the dirt
"she gossiped about Dean's wife"
Intangible
#60 Posted : Friday, October 28, 2016 6:09:12 PM

TheCatsMeow wrote:
Intangible wrote:

Your idea of what constitutes gossip is ridiculous! All I have done is post a picture of the woman being quoted. It is her statement, not gossip.
Sydney J. Harris
29 Pages <12345>»