Home  •  Forum  •  Blogs  •  E-Mail  •  Support Categories
MyBasicISP Categories Finance Travel Real Estate Games Autos Entertainment
Welcome Guest Active Topics |

5 Pages <12345>
Fascism Options
Intangible
#41 Posted : Friday, June 22, 2018 9:59:21 PM

Which part don't you believe? Trump DID hold that press conference and Hitler DID parade Jews in public just to scapegoat them visually. Trump's ex-wife DID say he had that book in his nightstand and he never denied it.

Have you ever watched historical films of Hitler's speeches? Undoubtedly, you have watched Trump rallies which follow the same formula Hitler followed. Once Hitler went about demonizing the "lying press" he started scapegoating Jews as dragging Germany down hoarding money. Trump is following right on track and YOU are living proof of how easy it is!

stevelundgren wrote:

You can't be serious.
You actually believe that????????????
RollEyes RollEyes Laugh Laugh Laugh Razz Razz Scared Scared Scared

Intangible wrote:
A lot of people read in bed and keep a book on the nightstand, quite a few have the Holy Bible on their nightstand..... Trump keeps a book of Adolph Hitler's speeches on his nightstand. No wonder his rallies look and sound so much like Hitler's.

The difference between patriotism and nationalism is that the patriot is proud of his country for what it does, and the nationalist is proud of his country no matter what it does; the first attitude creates a feeling of responsibility, but the second a feeling of blind arrogance that leads to war.
Sydney J. Harris
stevelundgren
#42 Posted : Saturday, June 23, 2018 7:34:40 AM

It's not true then. (got you)

You said, "Trump keeps a book of Adolph Hitler's speeches on his nightstand."

Now you admit that "Trump's ex-wife DID say he had that book in his nightstand..."

Do you believe that ex-wives always tell the truth about their ex-husbands?
Even if that was true, it was a previous marriage, it may have been one of a dozen books, he may have never read it.
I have a pile of books on my nightstand. None of which I have read, or am reading.

Furthermore...
There's a BIG difference between "keeps" and "had". (present-tense / past-tense)

True or false?
A lot of people read in bed and keep... the Holy Bible on their nightstand.....
Trump keeps a book of Adolph Hitler's speeches on his nightstand.
(false)

Intangible wrote:
Which part don't you believe? Trump DID hold that press conference and Hitler DID parade Jews in public just to scapegoat them visually. Trump's ex-wife DID say he had that book in his nightstand and he never denied it.

Have you ever watched historical films of Hitler's speeches? Undoubtedly, you have watched Trump rallies which follow the same formula Hitler followed. Once Hitler went about demonizing the "lying press" he started scapegoating Jews as dragging Germany down hoarding money. Trump is following right on track and YOU are living proof of how easy it is!

stevelundgren wrote:

You can't be serious.

Intangible wrote:
A lot of people read in bed and keep a book on the nightstand, quite a few have the Holy Bible on their nightstand..... Trump keeps a book of Adolph Hitler's speeches on his nightstand. No wonder his rallies look and sound so much like Hitler's.

Those people are zealous to win you over,
but for no good. What they want is to alienate you from us,
so that you may have zeal for them. - Galatians 4:17
Intangible
#43 Posted : Saturday, June 23, 2018 5:58:57 PM

stevelundgren wrote:

You can't be serious.

Intangible wrote:

The difference between patriotism and nationalism is that the patriot is proud of his country for what it does, and the nationalist is proud of his country no matter what it does; the first attitude creates a feeling of responsibility, but the second a feeling of blind arrogance that leads to war.
Sydney J. Harris
stevelundgren
#44 Posted : Saturday, June 23, 2018 7:47:19 PM

He never denied it? How do you know?
Was he given the opportunity to deny it?
She said it was in his nightstand? How do we know?
He owned a copy of the book? How do we know?
He read the book? How do we know?
He used it to write his speeches? How do we know?

You inferred that Trump was reading
the book of Hitler's speeches instead of the Bible.
Was that the truth? How do you know?

Intangible wrote:

stevelundgren wrote:

You can't be serious.

Intangible wrote:

Intangible
#45 Posted : Saturday, June 23, 2018 11:05:20 PM

There are a number of times that this issue was raised with Trump, he has claimed he didn't read the book. The fact of the matter is that Trump is a pathological liar that lies 6 times a day! Really, a fact checker has found that Trump has lied more than 3,000 times since inauguration... that averages more than six times a day, every day.

But I never claimed "he used it to write his speeches". He is following Hitler's example, whatever his choice of sources.

The few times Trump has tried to invoke the Holy Bible he has shown his utter ignorance of anything written in it. He has claimed he doesn't know of anything he ever did that requires him to ask for forgiveness. So who really knows? If he does have a copy of the Holy Bible, he certainly doesn't read it or care what it teaches.

Trump kept book of Hitler's speeches

Donald Trump 'kept book of Adolf Hitler's speeches in his bedside cabinet'

Benjamin Kentish @BenKentish
Monday 20 March 2017 13:27

In a 1990 interview, the billionaire businessman admitted to owning Nazi leader's 'Mein Kampf' but said he would never read speeches

Donald Trump reportedly owned a copy of Adolf Hitler’s speeches and kept them in his bedside cabinet.

A 1990 Vanity Fair article about billionaire businessman stated that Mr Trump’s then wife Ivana, said her husband owned a copy of “My New Order” – a printed collection of the Nazi leader’s speeches.

Marie Brenner, the article’s author, wrote: “Ivana Trump told her lawyer Michael Kennedy that from time to time her husband reads a book of Hitler's collected speeches, 'My New Order', which he keeps in a cabinet by his bed.

“Kennedy now guards a copy of My New Order in a closet at his office, as if it were a grenade. Hitler's speeches, from his earliest days up through the Phony War of 1939, reveal his extraordinary ability as a master propagandist.”

Asked by Ms Brenner about the claim and whether his cousin, John Walter, had given him the book, Mr Trump responded: “Who told you that?"

He went on to explain that it was "his friend Marty Davis from Paramount who gave me a copy of Mein Kampf, and he’s a Jew.

Mr Davis told Vanity Fair: “I did give him a book about Hitler. But it was My New Order, Hitler’s speeches, not Mein Kampf. I thought he would find it interesting. I am his friend, but I’m not Jewish.”

Mr Trump, however, denied he would ever read speeches given by Hitler, saying: “If I had these speeches, and I am not saying that I do, I would never read them."

Ms Brenner suggested the businessman, who was suffering difficulties with his business at the time, may have been looking for inspiration in Hitler's "genius for propaganda" and the way he spun military defeats as great victories.

The article also claimed that John Walter would frequently greet his cousin by saying: “Heil Hitler”.

stevelundgren wrote:

Intangible wrote:

stevelundgren wrote:

You can't be serious.

Intangible wrote:

Sydney J. Harris
stevelundgren
#46 Posted : Sunday, June 24, 2018 5:26:03 AM

That's not the point.
The point is that you falsely accused Trump of reading Hitler's speeches
from his nightstand to learn how to deceive the American public. And then pointed
at me as an example of how well it worked.

Now it appears that the book was a gift. Trump couldn't even remember the title.
He admitted owning the gift, but said he would never read such a thing.
So, he self-identified as one who would not read Hitler's writing.
If he would not read such a thing, do you suppose he could
use the information as you have accused him?

And actually it is common for people to "lie" ten times a day or more.
There is an interesting TEDx Talk on the subject.
When you feel like crap and someone asks how you are, you say, "Fine."
That's technically a lie. But is it a sin? Rahab is in the lineage of Christ.

Intangible wrote:
There are a number of times that this issue was raised with Trump, he has claimed he didn't read the book. The fact of the matter is that Trump is a pathological liar that lies 6 times a day! Really, a fact checker has found that Trump has lied more than 3,000 times since inauguration... that averages more than six times a day, every day.

But I never claimed "he used it to write his speeches". He is following Hitler's example, whatever his choice of sources.

The few times Trump has tried to invoke the Holy Bible he has shown his utter ignorance of anything written in it. He has claimed he doesn't know of anything he ever did that requires him to ask for forgiveness. So who really knows? If he does have a copy of the Holy Bible, he certainly doesn't read it or care what it teaches.

In a 1990 interview, the billionaire businessman admitted to owning Nazi leader's 'Mein Kampf' but said he would never read speeches

Donald Trump reportedly owned a copy of Adolf Hitler’s speeches and kept them in his bedside cabinet.

A 1990 Vanity Fair article about billionaire businessman stated that Mr Trump’s then wife Ivana, said her husband owned a copy of “My New Order” – a printed collection of the Nazi leader’s speeches.

Marie Brenner, the article’s author, wrote: “Ivana Trump told her lawyer Michael Kennedy that from time to time her husband reads a book of Hitler's collected speeches, 'My New Order', which he keeps in a cabinet by his bed.

“Kennedy now guards a copy of My New Order in a closet at his office, as if it were a grenade. Hitler's speeches, from his earliest days up through the Phony War of 1939, reveal his extraordinary ability as a master propagandist.”

Asked by Ms Brenner about the claim and whether his cousin, John Walter, had given him the book, Mr Trump responded: “Who told you that?"

He went on to explain that it was "his friend Marty Davis from Paramount who gave me a copy of Mein Kampf, and he’s a Jew.

Mr Davis told Vanity Fair: “I did give him a book about Hitler. But it was My New Order, Hitler’s speeches, not Mein Kampf. I thought he would find it interesting. I am his friend, but I’m not Jewish.”

Mr Trump, however, denied he would ever read speeches given by Hitler, saying: “If I had these speeches, and I am not saying that I do, I would never read them."

Ms Brenner suggested the businessman, who was suffering difficulties with his business at the time, may have been looking for inspiration in Hitler's "genius for propaganda" and the way he spun military defeats as great victories.

The article also claimed that John Walter would frequently greet his cousin by saying: “Heil Hitler”.

stevelundgren wrote:

Intangible wrote:

stevelundgren wrote:

You can't be serious.

Intangible wrote:

Intangible
#47 Posted : Sunday, June 24, 2018 10:22:26 PM

I'm not even going to try to straighten out your convoluted word salad!

We have NEVER had a POTUS that lied about easily refuted things so often. You can't depend on Trump to stand by ANYTHING he has ever said, it is all changeable an hour later. How can our allies possibly trust a man that lies so often?

stevelundgren wrote:

That's not the point.
from his nightstand to learn how to deceive the American public. And then pointed

Now it appears that the book was a gift. Trump couldn't even remember the title.

Intangible wrote:

stevelundgren wrote:

Intangible wrote:

stevelundgren wrote:

You can't be serious.

Intangible wrote:

Sydney J. Harris
stevelundgren
#48 Posted : Monday, June 25, 2018 6:36:48 AM

You are awfully quick to falsely accuse others of lying.
If someone changes their mind, you call them a liar.
Does that seem fair to you?

Intangible wrote:

We have NEVER had a POTUS that lied about easily refuted things so often. You can't depend on Trump to stand by ANYTHING he has ever said, it is all changeable an hour later. How can our allies possibly trust a man that lies so often?

stevelundgren wrote:

That's not the point.

Intangible wrote:

stevelundgren wrote:

Intangible wrote:

stevelundgren wrote:

You can't be serious.

Intangible wrote:

Intangible
#49 Posted : Monday, June 25, 2018 9:12:12 AM

I find it hard to believe that you STILL try to defend the undefendable Trump, no matter how many times he lies. Trump lied right to Justin Trudeau's face about a trade imbalance with the United States and later admitted he lied. After two years of Trump's lies, it certainly isn't quick to call him a liar, there are over 3,000 substantial lies he has made since running.

Trump has made thousands of easily refutable lies and when he is caught he repeats or denies the lie. If you changed your mind, no big deal, but when the POTUS changes his mind back and forth and back again, it cause people to not trust anything he says because he will either change his mind or just lie about it. He is impulsive and often comes out with a knee jerk reaction rather than a thought out reasoning based on facts.

stevelundgren wrote:

Intangible wrote:

stevelundgren wrote:

That's not the point.

Intangible wrote:

Sydney J. Harris
stevelundgren
#50 Posted : Monday, June 25, 2018 3:00:53 PM

Which is the greater transgression?
- To tell a lie? Or...
- To call someone a liar when they are not lying?

Intangible wrote:
I find it hard to believe that you STILL try to defend the undefendable Trump, no matter how many times he lies. Trump lied right to Justin Trudeau's face about a trade imbalance with the United States and later admitted he lied. After two years of Trump's lies, it certainly isn't quick to call him a liar, there are over 3,000 substantial lies he has made since running.

Trump has made thousands of easily refutable lies and when he is caught he repeats or denies the lie. If you changed your mind, no big deal, but when the POTUS changes his mind back and forth and back again, it cause people to not trust anything he says because he will either change his mind or just lie about it. He is impulsive and often comes out with a knee jerk reaction rather than a thought out reasoning based on facts.

stevelundgren wrote:

Intangible wrote:

stevelundgren wrote:

That's not the point.

Intangible wrote:

Intangible
#51 Posted : Monday, June 25, 2018 8:56:15 PM

There are several fundamental characteristics of fascism, among them are: ... Nationalism: Fascism places a very strong emphasis on patriotism and nationalism. Criticism of the nation's main ideals, especially war, is lambasted as unpatriotic at best, and treason at worst.

Fascism is a political ideology that developed after World War I in Italy and Germany. Fascism is characterized by strong nationalism, an extreme level of authoritarianism, corporatism, militarization and hostility towards both liberalism and Marxism.

Fascism is a form of government which is a type of one-party dictatorship. Fascists are against democracy. They work for a totalitarian one-party state. ... Such a state is led by a strong leader—such as a dictator and a martial government.

Fascists believe that liberal democracy is obsolete and they regard the complete mobilization of society under a totalitarian one-party state as necessary to prepare a nation for armed conflict and to respond effectively to economic difficulties. Such a state is led by a strong leader—such as a dictator and a martial government composed of the members of the governing fascist party—to forge national unity and maintain a stable and orderly society. Fascism rejects assertions that violence is automatically negative in nature and views political violence, war and imperialism as means that can achieve national rejuvenation. Fascists advocate a mixed economy, with the principal goal of achieving autarky through protectionist and interventionist economic policies.

Fascism was a major influence on Nazism. The seizure of power by Italian Fascist leader Benito Mussolini in the March on Rome in 1922 drew admiration by Hitler, who less than a month later had begun to model himself and the Nazi Party upon Mussolini and the Fascists.
Sydney J. Harris
Intangible
#52 Posted : Friday, July 6, 2018 9:41:33 PM

The GOP no longer bears any resemblance to the party of Lincoln!

Sydney J. Harris
stevelundgren
#53 Posted : Saturday, July 7, 2018 6:58:31 AM

The post above should be flagged as abusive. (button below the post)
We don't appreciate all conservatives being characterized as supporting "pedophiles, convicts, racists, bigots, Neo-Nazis".

Intangible wrote:
The GOP no longer bears any resemblance to the party of Lincoln!

Intangible
#54 Posted : Saturday, July 7, 2018 5:33:46 PM

Yeah.... that was just two years ago!

Sydney J. Harris
Intangible
#55 Posted : Sunday, July 8, 2018 7:34:25 PM

It never happens all at once, there are stages that begin when people view their world as us against them.

Sydney J. Harris
Intangible
#56 Posted : Monday, July 16, 2018 12:00:31 AM

Fascism works best with state run media.

Sydney J. Harris
Intangible
#57 Posted : Monday, July 23, 2018 11:16:40 PM

If not for Trump, this would be an unprecedented, vengeful outrage..... but it's just another day in Trump world, the tiny tyrant that withers like manna at high noon from mere criticism!

Trump Wants to Revoke Security....

Trump Wants To Revoke Security Clearances Of Ex-Officials Who've Criticized Him

July 23, 20185:19 PM ET ~ SARAH MCCAMMON

President Trump is looking into revoking the security clearances of several former high-level officials who've criticized him.

Press secretary Sarah Sanders read a list of officials being considered for revocation of their clearances on Monday and said the White House is "exploring the mechanisms" by which the government might take them away.

A number of former top national security officials have criticized Trump. Former CIA Director John Brennan, for example, said Trump's failure to stand up for the U.S. intelligence community at the Helsinki summit was "nothing short of treasonous."

Some half a dozen officials have "politicized and in some cases monetized their public service and security clearances," Sanders said.

She and Trump were picking up a thread from a Republican ally, Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul, who wrote on Twitter that he planned to ask about revoking Brennan's clearance when he met with Trump on Monday.

In addition to Brennan, Sanders named former FBI Director James Comey; former director of national intelligence James Clapper; retired Gen. Michael Hayden, a former director of the CIA; former national security adviser Susan Rice; and former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe.

Some of the former officials on the list have made "baseless accusations of improper contact with Russia" that "provides inappropriate legitimacy to accusations with zero evidence," Sanders said.

Brennan has hinted darkly about revelations that might be in the offing about Trump, among other criticisms; Clapper has likened Trump to an intelligence "asset" being handled by a "case officer" in Russian President Vladimir Putin.

Clapper fired back on CNN, calling the potential revocation of his clearance based only on his comments "a petty thing to do."

There is a formal process by which clearances can be revoked, Clapper said, but it's predicated on wrongdoing or other set procedures. Cutting off access over a disagreement based on speech would "set a terrible precedent," he said, representing "an abuse of the system."
Sydney J. Harris
Intangible
#58 Posted : Thursday, July 26, 2018 10:08:57 PM

Trump wants to silence the free press so they can't say mean things, even the truth. Scary similarities, Lügenpresse.

Sydney J. Harris
Intangible
#59 Posted : Thursday, August 2, 2018 10:53:33 PM

Rule number one, ALWAYS blame someone else for your problems, make someone a scapegoat and keep hammering that idea. Republicans have been always Nazis, bankers, lawyers and businessmen all did a thriving business with Hitler.... the Dulles brothers, the Bush family, the Rockefeller's....

Sydney J. Harris
Intangible
#60 Posted : Friday, August 10, 2018 8:02:24 PM

Trump follows the lead of some of history's most reviled dictators!

Sydney J. Harris
5 Pages <12345>